Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods chassis eng. open or closed ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by putz, Nov 29, 2017.

1. putz

putz
    from wisc.

several posts say closed , a friend ordered parts last week ??

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. They’re closed alright. Out of business that is.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

loudbang likes this.
  3. 40Vert

40Vert

loudbang likes this.
  4. PONTNAK123

PONTNAK123
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

weedetr is open ! high quality parts !!

Texas Eli and loudbang like this.

5. flux capacitor

flux capacitor

Bummer, they were great to deal with & had high quality stuff in my opinion. I wish then the best . Flux

loudbang likes this.
  6. reefer

reefer

Damn shame if true......quality parts and service whenever I've bought from them.

loudbang likes this.
  7. carryallman

carryallman

theres already a couple posts on the hamb here! i was there -last week -lots of parts are being shipped out ! i did buy some parts BUT most of the good -popular stuff was sold to there dealers!!!!!!! the springs i bought -was missing front mounts & most of the dealers -wont sell me any-i think most dealers are waiting for the prices to climb?? i just hope "jeanne " {the owner} will sell the company to somebody interested in suppling parts?? id like to find a "go fund me " acct to keep it here in iowa -maybe move it to the dm iowa area =lots of tig welders here? me me me ?anybody interested ?? lets do it ??there swap meet is posted -i bought some stuff -no lower swap meet prices ?? plus high ups shipping fees!!my 2 cents worth mike

8. brady1929

brady1929

I bought something from them. Same price as their catalog. But if you need it, then you need it. Good quality parts.

9. Texas Eli

Texas Eli

I'm hoping that they've sold all the IP to another vendor, it just doesn't make sense to me to shut down a profitable business.

Eli

10. Dangerous47

Dangerous47

With the recent loss of chassis eng. How is the quality of the parts offered by posies? Or weedetr?

11. 40Vert

40Vert

Weedetr parts are outstanding. Used his rearend kit and trans crossmember kit. Plus Dale offers great customer service.

PONTNAK123 likes this.
  12. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was just there today. They are packaging up the last of the orders they had taken to see what is there for inventory. There are several interested parties. Everything is for sale but the name. Someone will end up with the engineering drawings, and whatever it takes to keep producing the product under a different name. If I find out more I will keep you posted.

13. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

parts manufacturers seem to have the same trouble that the entire hobby has...age

14. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sad to see them close. I have used many of their parts for years. A local shop here was closing out some stuff and I bought 4 sets of their motor mounts for a Chevy in 35-40 Fords-was glad to get them. I have used many sets in the past and always liked their products.

Hamtown Al and lothiandon1940 like this.