Register now to get rid of these ads!

Charlie Prices Vintage Speed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oso64, Jul 30, 2006.

1. oso64

oso64

I was wondering if anyone here has had any good or bad experiences with this company.my pops and i are in the middle of building 3x2 setups, mine is for a small block, my dads is for a 57 pontiac.if it was myself, i'd go through eelco, but pops is buying, so i am not going to argue.he is looking at buying two rochester complete base and linkage kits, one for my wagon, one for his chieftain.just wondering if you guys have any experiences good or bad.thanks,, -jimmy-

2. 40Vert

40Vert

Do a thread search, there has been plenty written on this topic.

3. Muttley

Muttley

I bought some stuff from him and didnt have any problems but lots of other guys havent been so lucky. Cross your fingers when/if you call him that his wife doesnt answer the phone.

4. order the base/linkage kits from Speedway-you'll have no hassles.

5. oso64

oso64

thanks, yeah, i just now read the thread.i'll pass it along to my pops.thanks fellas.i usually do a search, the one time i don't and find a library on the subject. -jimmy-

6. 53SledSleeve

53SledSleeve

I bought my 3x2 setup from him about 3 years ago, he did a GREAT job and he was nothing but nice to deal with. I've heard the same things too about his service, but I have recommended him to several people with no regrets. I think he puts out a great product.

7. hot rod wille

hot rod wille

I've bought tons of stuff from him with no problems---but others on here have not been so lucky---been good to me!

Attached Files:

8. THEKID49

THEKID49

My buddy just had some dealings with him. He has nothing but good things to say.

9. cruzr

cruzr

I have spoke with him on the phone several times,and purchased from him also.
    He has been nothing but helpfull,informative,and ships on time.

I give Charlie a thumbs up......!!

10. LOCO_LOUIE

LOCO_LOUIE
    from Ontario,Ca

Here Is The Set I Purchased It Is Hard Trying To Get Of Hold Of I Scared For A While But My Card Had Not Been Charged Yet .i Recieved The Product And 2 Weeks Later He Billed Me.

11. LOCO_LOUIE

LOCO_LOUIE
    from Ontario,Ca

Ok Here It Is

Attached Files:

12. Jimmy,
    If you're serious about buying a quality setup from someone who knows how to do it, you need to call Larry Fulton @ Automotion, this guy is a Rochester genius, his stuff is #1 quality, his prices aren't bad, I got my Pontiac 3X2 setup rebuilt/hopped up by him, I couldn't friggin' believe the workmanship, or the difference it made in driveability. Just remember this, as a rule, good work isn't cheap, cheap work isn't good.

Skip

http://www.hotrodcarbs.com/

13. oso64

oso64

Skip, thats funny, we have that same saying at the service counter at the shop.thanks Skip, beer on thursday is on me. -jimmy-

14. drhotrodmd

drhotrodmd

He's a jerkoff!

15. That's Charlie's wife that answers the phone?

If it is, she has a perpetual case of PMS ;) .