Register now to get rid of these ads!

Charlie Boucher Passed Away (Bad News C/A)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dino the weirdo, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Dino the weirdo

Dino the weirdo

'Bad News' was what Charlie called his car ....It was ment to intimidate his rival in the other lane. If they staged against him ,it was Bad News for them. He was a multi-time winner in Class And Eliminater battles at Dover. Running at Lebanon and Connecticut,the little '34 ford pick-up was a northeast legend in C/A. So successful was Charlie's acomplishments,he traveled to Indy in '63,and easily grabbed his first national event class win. A true Old Skool home built Hot Rod, built for speed.
    But Today , 'Bad News' kind of takes on another message. Charlie Passed away Thursday, Aug 5. We were fortunate to have Charlie attend our First annual Nostalgia Drags ,where he proudly stayed with his old ride all day ,with now owner Roger,fielding questions,and rightfully getting his just due respect. Lost for words....We will miss our old racin buddie.....

More Photos of car and some comments at:
    http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2504

Attached Files:

2. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

a few from my file ............. RIP

Attached Files:

3. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Sad news to hear so many old timers from the glory days passing away lately. Sounds like he was the real deal and a nice guy. That is a bad ass little truck. RIP Charlie.

4. The37Kid

The37Kid

I never got to see the truck run, but the restoration Roger did is fantastic. That 1958-62 era of Drag Racing is my favorite, unique purpose build machines, that did what they were designed to do without a lot of money invested. I would think this years Dover Reunion would be in memory of Charlie Boucher. Prayers going out to his family and friends.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2010

5. Dino the weirdo

Dino the weirdo

Thanks NITROFC... "KID"...I'm sure Smokey & Grover will do something at the Danbury,Ct. Reunion fitting. Not sure If Roger is bringing the car to Island Sept 25-26. He will probaby show at Danbury.

6. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

sorry to hear about charlie. May he rest in peace. We are loosing way too many of these people.
    Gasser Girl