Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cell Phone Most DANGEROUS Tool in the Shop - Don't Text and Hot Rod - Not Traditional

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SakowskiMotors, Oct 2, 2010.

1. It's all just a passing phase- like overhead vave engines, helicopters and computers- those "telephone" things will never take off!

2. prost34

prost34

Wow,who the hell can hear a cell phone in the shop?,,,with my radio turned up,air tools,compressor running etc.,,,thats my time to work or play,,cell phone stays on the bench or my office,,,:D

3. Streetwerkz

Streetwerkz

no phones in the shop for us, distraction, time stealer, and general pita.
    we have a land line for emergency's, and the guys can use their phones all they want on break.

Outside of saftey, I don't pay my guys to talk on their phones

4. pitman

pitman

If the cell phone use while driving is considered equal in risk to drunk driving, the reasoning seems to let the phone lobby double the number of DUI accidents per year.
    The phone is off. I'll take yer message, later.

5. oldcarfan

oldcarfan
    BANNED
    from missouri

theres a good chance you may be an idiot.

6. oldcarfan

oldcarfan
    BANNED
    from missouri

its funny as hell to me all the poeple on here bashing texting and saying hell i dont need a cell phone, ect ect ect.

you do relize that your post is basically just a text message to this thread right? you know your all on the computer right now dont you.

i dont understand texting its so stupid, kids these days have no respect. its not traditional blah blah blah........ and then have 4000 posts on the Hamb.

LOL what an epic fail.

-casey
    sent from my iPhone.

7. rixrex

rixrex

I don't know how to text...never been to a McDonalds either..I make arrowheads and cook over an open fire...

8. I have a 50 year old rotary dial phone in my shop (no cell) and it fills the bill for me. Funny thing when my new wife came to live at my place she asked why no one ever phones here. I told her the phone fell off the stand years ago and hasn't rang since, but you can call out with no problem! Shortly after we had 3 new phones go figure.

9. I often work alone late in the evening in the machine shop. I have it in my left pants pocket so I can get at it if I have an emergency. I'm more likely to have a mishap with my right hand so I put it where I can dig it out if I'm in trouble.

I'm more likely to bitch about them if employees are shooting the breeze on them instead of tending to what they are being paid to do.

Bob

10. Mine is on vibrate and 90% of the time I don't even catch that.

Bob

11. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

cell phones on the HAMB. guess nobody is building anything or went to any good shows this weekend.

12. Its all about the land line with the phone hooked up to a school bell. You hear it ring and you walk into the house or office.

13. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

I think it's most dangerous to the customer who is paying by the hour to get 40 minutes of actual work and 20 minutes of texting.

14. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think it's dangerous that this post is still alive. Hot rod cell phones. Yeah that's it! Oldies ring tones, flames and pinstripes...

Can we kill this thread, please?

15. roadworthy'49

roadworthy'49

you guys and your crazy horseless carriages... sheesh