Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Caught in the rain with my roadster!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Driver50x, Jun 12, 2020.

1. I, too was at the Detroit Street Rod Nationals in 1972. Yes, it rained, and it had a hail storm too. I saw many cars that had hail damage at the show.

Driver50x likes this.
  2. CadMad

CadMad

I knew I had another pic of Paul in his 32 roadster in the rain. .... and now I found it. 2AE15A79-120C-4181-82C1-2BDBB0A820A0.jpeg

chryslerfan55, Driver50x and hfh like this.
  3. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Street Machine Nationals - Springfield, MO 2014. Check it out, the old hot rod still had on its HAMB Drags number from a month earlier! LOL. Not one of my most favorite times nor ride home but one of my favorite photos!
    2014-05-24 19.40.56.jpg

4. Yup, did that in the Rocky 33, only it was cold out and all the water ran down the inside of my goretex shell!

5. I was at Louisville in '92 with all the rain falling so fast it swept up paper and trash and clogged the drains, I was driving my '40 sedan and fortunately we were close enough to move the car to higher ground before it flooded the engine.

That was a experience I will never forget. HRP

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
  6. I remember at least one good "remember when" threads on here about that day!

7. Rick Coast

Rick Coast

been there done that . I had to keep my head below top of windshield and steady speed above 45 .like others said red lights suck. But hay it is only water! hail makes you run for cover. Colorado gets serous hail.

8. j3harleys

j3harleys

Hey Rick how you doin. I haven't seen the air flow since you redid it. Looks good'

Driver50x likes this.