Register now to get rid of these ads!

cast resin

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by caddyman65, Jan 27, 2004.

1. caddyman65

caddyman65

I am wanting to try my hand at doing some cast resin shift knobs, anyone here able to give some tips on what works best and where to get the supplies to do this?

2. brjnelson

brjnelson

I use MicroMark for my model casting supplies, there may be other suppliers at a lower cost, they have a web site.
    Use silicone on your master when you cast the mold. The RTV will pick up every detail of the master, shine her up good.
    There are many kinds of RTV, choose what kind by how many castings you plan on making and how flexable the mold has to be to get the part out.
    Resin has a short shelf life, try to have master ready before you get the resin.

3. caddyman65

caddyman65

I was wondering if someone made a kit..as that i would only want to do a few at first, i`m trying not to spend a lot as that i`m not trying to sell them really..just another medium i havent tried yet...and thanx for all info