Register now to get rid of these ads!

**cars stolen from goodguys columbus**

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AstroZombie, Jul 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

2. Willy301

Willy301

3. Tank

Tank

I'll keep a watch out fo em. BTTT

4. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

This deserves a sticky. OT or not.

Keeping an eye out for them cars..

iPhone - TJJ App

5. voodoo1

voodoo1

How do 2 cars get stolen at same event?? Feel for you guys, hope they get found.

Mike

6. I believe it said 12 this year in the area.

7. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

I love this world of LOSERS we are living with.

8. whiskerz

whiskerz
    from Ga.

wow that is a lot for 1 event

9. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

12 cars!
    thats fucked up.

if only there was a department around that gave a shit

stuff like this is going to hurt car shows reputations, and hurt the economy of these shows more and more, if something isnt done to stop this.
    If you knew your risk of going to look at the other cars, was going to have the impact of you walking back to your empty spot, It could get to a point of impact on the amout of participants in the following years and shows of this size

10. I got the impression that most often these cars are being stolen from hotels, etc. and not the actual events.:eek:

Have any actually been stolen at shows?

11. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

i'll be looking in illinois...jones

12. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I believe that too, but those cars were there for the show, no other purpose.
    It will reflect on that show, because that was why they were there.
    Target? I think so

13. 12 cars YTD, not 12 FROM GG Columbus weekend event.

14. 48 Chubby

48 Chubby
    Member Emeritus

Although a sad and depressing situation, this ain't any thing new. Happened to me at the Knoxville NSRA event in 2000. It has been 11 years now and I still haven't heard any thing about a theft recovery.
    A Knoxville Police Department detective told me, "Smart theives don't get caught. Hell it is all we can do to deal with the thugs that fall in to our laps. The US is a big place it can be tough to locate some thing the size of a car if some body is trying to hide it."

15. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Ahh ..ok
    It was sounding like a pretty rough show for 12 to come up stolen.

12 cars YTD in that area?

16. scottlep

scottlep

Where's the security at GG Columbus? We show horses at that same place in Columbus every year in October. We have to get special passes to bring our golf carts in and our trailers are inspected on the way out and we have to have special passes to get our own horses and golf carts out, just because so many carts were being stolen and hidden in horse trailers. Why can't they do the same for cars? I know alot of people complain about us having to get the passes to get the carts in and out of there, but I has almost totally stopped the golf cart thefts that had been going on for years.

17. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

what a shame. I wonder if hotel security cameras showed anything

18. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You have to read what he wrote. Cars that belong to event participants that are stolen out of motel parking lots, from in front of restaurants or bars or out of box or mall parking lots leaves a black mark on the area as far as going back for an event goes.
    Club member gets his car stolen and the whole club decides not to go back to the event or that motel next year. Loss of room rental, food sales and gas sales along with all of the other things that people tend to buy.

I doubt that few if any of the stolen cars got taken by joy riders or casual thieves.
    Pro theft rings that ship the vehicles out of the country, racers looking for a strong running engine to replace a broken one, someone looking to jack a car to put most of the parts on his project, a custom/rod/restoration shop that has decided that stolen parts equal bigger profits along with thieves who part out the cars and sell them off piece by piece at swapmeets, on craigslist or Ebay.

19. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

It's a terrible thing that someone's stuff was stolen and most of us can easily sympathize with the frustration of losing something in which you've invested so much, but this is still a place to focus on traditional hot rods and Customs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.