Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cardboard roadster...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Primer Gray, Oct 23, 2007.

1. crisallt

crisallt

by the way - I do like it - WAY more patience than me. I'd have probably run with the scissors and injured myself...

2. FuelFC

FuelFC

Wow Stinky the bum is still ok and alive. All is well in the world.

Say hey to Fecals the clown when you see him for us will ya?

3. alleyoop

alleyoop

Thats cool as hell a lot of time.Hay sticky keep a eye on your box.

4. str8axleford

str8axleford

Now... if they can only come out with a clear cardboard for the windshield and lights... Lots of talent... but why cardboard is why I ask? Too much time on someones hands... Break a couple knuckles like the rest of us... oh yea, and blood stains cardboard... how many corrugated cuts did this guy get when building this thing?

5. That's pretty cool,in the International Arrivals level at Vancouver International Airport,they have a replica of a DeHavilland Beaver floatplane,completely made of Duct Tape.It's about a 20 ft wingspan.Sorry i can't get a pic it's inside security area.

6. Ow! Papercut!

The only problem with this thing is if you store it in the wrong place, not only could the rats move in, they'd chew right through it. Sort of like rust damage I guess. Would that make it the ultimate rat rod then?

7. nexxussian

nexxussian

Man, all it needs is plug wires:eek:! Not sure how he'd do that. Not sure exactly how he did what he did. Dang, round corners with cardboard, in more than one direction at a time too.

8. Keep us posted, I'd like to see it when it's done,,,,,,,,,,, oh; you say it's finished? Uuhhh,,, nice patina.

9. wsdad

wsdad

Looking at some of his other projects, I'd guess he used some cardboard here and there just to create the illusion. The rest of it looks like he covered with paper or tape and painted light brown. (Look at the tires.)

Either that, or he's one incredibly talented artist/craftsman. But that couldn't be, it might make me look bad by comparison. :eek: :D

10. Sinner

Sinner

I wonder if it's treated for termites?

11. wakka wakka..

seriously, this is the kind of thing that kept me from hating art museums as a kid. very cool.

12. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

o great,now we have to hear is it steel,glass,or carboard.

-danny

13. bitchin...:D

how does it do at the local carwash though?:)

14. zzford

zzford

I guess it's ok, but, he needs to get rid of those wheels and tires, they aren't traditional. The engine isn't a flathead, Olds, nailhead, or an early hemi. Is that period correct cardboard? It looks awful new to me. I think the guy should probably be beat upon for posting a phoney traditional car here.

15. hiboyroadsterboy

hiboyroadsterboy
    from Mass

WOW,ya that is kinda cool,shit load of work.

16. When whittlin' just ain't enough anymore.

17. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

alot of work, I wouldnt leave it in a barn for 50 years though.

18. GARY?

GARY?

Did they teach her that in the clink?

19. wyoming

wyoming
    from My house

i think they just needed an excuse to sniff a whole lot of glue