Register now to get rid of these ads!

Car show shock

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by v8 Bake, Jul 12, 2009.

1. v8 Bake

v8 Bake

I went to the local small town car show yesterday just to help the locals make the event look bigger.To my suprise when I got a cheesy trophy it came with a envelope with a $100 bill in it.Since they dont have any entery fee and give all enterants a t shirt I tryed to give the cash back to help them out next year but they wouldnt take it.Just thought I would share the story because ya never hear of car shows like that.

2. RAY With

RAY With

It shouldn't take them long to grow with that kind or Trophy and cash. Been to a lot of shows and never seen cash given away on a local leavel.

3. Very cool. And Smart business as well, in fact you should name names and help promote the show!

4. greazhonkey

greazhonkey

That was nice of you, I like to think I would have done the same.

5. SHOE-BOX-JOE

SHOE-BOX-JOE

Thats awesome man. Props to those people in that small town.

here in Cali. me and my friends are getting tired of these lame shows where we that cars have to pay to show our cars. Hmm Promoter arent you having a car show to show cars and draw crowds. How about charging the public to come see the cars not have us car guys pay to show the public. Next show im bring a car cover. lol....

6. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

with all the money from the gate , why not have a purse ?

7. v8 Bake

v8 Bake

There was no money from the gate.The show was in Eagleville Mo for the festival days.The city put up the money.There arent many classes but every class pays 100 for 1st 50 for 2nd and 25 for 3rd.

8. I judged a small , open car show recently...(Edisto Street Cruisers,Orangeburg SC)..about 75 cars showed up ..The club spent a lot of money putting on the event & gave away 40 trophies !! .... and the absolute best part was ,they raised $2500 for the local Kids Make-A-Wish foundation for children with terminal illnesses.They also had a 50/50 drawing and the winner donated the $350 prize back !!
    So,car shows are not all about parking spots ,trophies, or entry fees

Didn't mean to drag out the soapbox ,step on any toes,start any wars,...just had to say it..

Stan

Last edited: Jul 12, 2009