Register now to get rid of these ads!

Car parts in the house

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Oilcan Harry, Mar 23, 2008.

1. radredrod

radredrod

In my office here at home I have a V8/60 flatty with Prehistoric Edmunds Racing inscribed heads, sportin' a pair of S'berg 81 carbs on a Weiand intake and Star Marine exhaust manifolds. (It even has tiny adjustable lifters in it.) On my display case is a Sharp Four Two setup with four S-P topped 97's, at least three pair of aluminum hot heads, more flathead intakes and Carbs everywhere, a gasse pump, oil cans, models, a 75% complete HOTROD mag collection, and much more all on display under an 11X12 tin clad ceiling. There's even a chunk of the Berlin wall on a shelf! Tight! This would be a good thread in it's own right...Cool Hot Rod rooms. Pics? I might learn how to do this some day. -Greg

2. Abomination

Abomination

Did somebody say Stromberg WWs?

Yeah, I have MORE than a couple in the house... and yes, that's a P600 3X2 (for 318 poly) on the top shelf with even more atop it.

No, you cannot have it. :)

Hey - anybody has an old WW they want to get rid of, I'll take it. Hell, I'll even pay shipping!

~Jason

Attached Files:

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      12.4 KB
      Views:
  3. jon volk

jon volk

in high school I had my 68 camaro front fenders, rad. support and header panel in my bedroom for storage. walked into that stuff at night one too many times. Nowadays I keep my car parts at my shop but the occaisional part will still find its way into the house....usually if its freshly painted part in the winter and I want it to harden faster.

4. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Car parts in the house?
    One reason I no longer have a wife

5. sammyg

sammyg

Nothing awesome here. Got a PTO in the living room (and just put it back together in there today:eek:) , fuel pumps and gauges in my bedroom, and mark and parking lights sitting in the china cabinet. Oh my license plate is hanging on the wall, wonder if a 47 Jeep is a NM 47 Truck :) I think my rules are on my TV (too nice to leave in the garage, but their not car parts) oh and random hardware on my desk.

6. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

2 pair of Hemi valve covers(one pair for 65 race Hemi) Cirrelo mag and some Hilborn stuff.

7. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Does nuts, bolts, etc. count?I forget to takem out of my pockets when I come in, so I keepem in sandwich bags in the kitchen junk drawer until I think of them or need them again.

8. henry29

henry29

I just went in the living room and kinda forgot about the two full mustang quarters, freshly painted mustang front valance, another 57 chevy instriument cluster, 57 hubcaps, several 55-57 horn rings,and a 55 hood bird.

9. flatford39

flatford39

I keep a bunch of NOS Model A parts in my closet. Things like 28 29 headlite buckets and the shift levers and ebrake levers that are all plated that I just feel are stored better off in the house than the Garage.

I really need to go throughthat pile as I forget what's in there sometimes.

10. chevy6694

chevy6694
    from PSL,FL

Although i have never done an introduction i have lurked for a long time and once i can truly figure out how to post pics i will do one , (just could not hold back on this one to funny) I recently moved back to my parents house for a while(finished college) and in my bedroom i have my 355 on a engine stand ready to go in my 52 Chevy I also have 2 sets of 348 heads and another complete 348 dissasembled, along with some other misc parts. o yeah and SBC tunnel ram with carbs and old cal custom scoop on it not to mention the back porch that is completely over run with parts. ...........:)Tyler

11. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

2 ex-wives, both hated the "disease", they bitched even after I took the trans outta the tub! Canya believe it?
    I think I have hot rod parts'n'stuff in just about every room except the kitchen & bathroom. The best part's that there's no one to rag me about it!

12. This is Rashy's Grill on my mantle.

Attached Files:

13. Ornery37

Ornery37
    from Texas

Getting ready to sell the house so taking parts out and am remodeling now. I had a greasy 440 block under the dining room table and various intakes on top of the table. Slotted mags wheels for my coffee table. Bookshelf filled with gauges, carbs, and emblems. Assorted hub caps on the walls. Old ford tools in one of the kitchen drawer.
    Still have a grill shell and headliner for my truck in one of the rooms.
    And would you believe it I am single too.

14. zbuickman

zbuickman

had a pair of #77 pontiac heads redone and to SD specs under my step Daughters bed for three years:) Still have some small stuff in the house though. If one part goes to the ?Garage another will surly come in the house:)

15. not alot right here other than car toys on top of this work space... but directly out the front picture window i see this just beyond the bird feeders..

Attached Files:

16. silent rick

silent rick

i had to, i ran out of room. shed's full. garage is full. we lifted the triumph up on the work bench. my panhead and 46 are in my brothers garage. the stroker bike is going together in the living room. i have boxes of car and bike parts scattered about the house. i'm in need of a shop.

17. jscoma47

jscoma47

theres a polished 6-71 sitting on a pair of 392 heads and intake with carbs and scoop sitting next to my couch.add that to 1941 ulh flathead harley motor thats in the corner and i may have the most understanding wife around....i will post some pics tomorrow.

18. Big Shane

Big Shane
    from Pearl, MS

Lets see, I have a steering wheel in here, model a grille shell, a bunch of taillights, some econoline bezels, and oh, the motorcycle thats being assembled. This is in my bedroom.

19. olerascal

olerascal

Split level house with sliding glass door to family room at ground level.
    Pull one car straight in, then jockey it 90 degrees sideways,
    and pull other one in.
    Not real convienient to get 1st car out,
    but it's simplest way to provide heated storage during rainy season.
    Two downstairs bedrooms hold parts and literature collection.
    I live alone...if it isn't obvious!

20. JHhj0978

JHhj0978
    from Youngstown

im in my room on my computer and i have the grille to my old truck on the wall, some random badges of cars i got in a junkyard randomly around the room, a edelbrock 750cfm carb on the shelf, a fan off a 69 mopar on another shelf and im sure theres more

21. KIRK

KIRK

My 31 has been on the road for over a year now and I still have a few boxes of parts in my bedroon closet.

22. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Doesn't everyone ? :confused:

I have a few small pieces. Mainly parts and pieces for the 32 Ford 3W. I hope to have them on a finished 3W by the end of summer. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also under the bed in the extra bedroom ... the bumpers and the 32 3W windshield frame ( fresh back from Advance Plating ) ... the small metal trim pieces that goes around the cloth top insert. In a closet ... a few of the BETTER Deuce grille shells. :)

The dash, all 5 of the garnish moldings, extra glove box door were in the house but NOW they are at Bob Kennedy's for woodgraining.

23. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

does this count?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

You win :D

25. JHhj0978

JHhj0978
    from Youngstown

woww...what room is that in and how did you get that stuff in there??? thats awesome i wish the inside of my house looked like that!

26. well of course, car parts in the house was part of the "pre nuptial"...
    Took over my step kids BR ,turned it into a library ,clean storage area..If I can carry it , and it's clean, then it "fair game"...

Here's one example.
    Rick

Attached Files:

27. 10-4.

28. I had a SBC potvin drive blower motor in the den for about a year..
    got a pic ,but the file was to large..If I find another pic,I'll post it.

Rick

29. GEBHARD

GEBHARD
    from TX...

i got 37-41 axle, and 40 juice brakes at the foot of my bed and 3 rochester 2gs on the floor in my living room :)

30. This is a coffee table i built for my apt. I used a 56 caddy trans that i had left over and painted it up with some late model chevy blue and heavy roth flake. Plexiglass top becuase im too cheap for a nice piece of glass.

Attached Files: