Register now to get rid of these ads!

Car Covers: Who should I buy from & what should I get?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bryan6902, Sep 16, 2011.

1. bryan6902

bryan6902

Now that I have something worth covering, I was wondering what kind of cover I should buy for indoor storage over the winter. Was looking at spending under $300 and getting a cover that fits my car and not some universal "Stretch to Fit" or "One Size Fits All" type of thing. Any Ideas on what to get or who to buy from? Alliance vendor? Amazon? Not a big ebay shopper... Thanks, Bryan

2. Try California car cover. They fit like a glove. They should have one in your budget too. They have descriptions for their different fabrics on their site and you should be able to pick a fabric that suits your needs best.
    Not sure what the website is....you'll have to do a search. I've had three covers made by them. They can even do custom ones for chopped or fenderless cars

3. Triggerman

Triggerman
    from NorCal

For indoor use only, use flannel.

Cal Car Cover is the 800 lb gorilla in the room. Nothing bad, they're just the dominant company in the biz. I have also used Big Sky Car Covers with success.

4. jcapps

jcapps
    from SoCal

Cal Car Cover. Besides offering great products. It is the only company I know of that puts on a free car show every year. No entry, free coffee and donuts and free lunch. Jim DeFrank, the owner is a class act!

5. johnl

johnl

I have sold Covercraft Car Covers for 40 years. FYI, they make California Car Covers. My company Royze Inc. can get you what you want and I offer them to "car guys" at wholesale prices.

My personal recommendation is the NOAH material as it is excellent for indoor and outdoor use. Hey, I own Royze and can get what ever I want for my cars. There are materials that are more or less expensive, but I feel that NOAH is the best for the $$.

Pricing is based on the amount of material used and of course the material chosen. These are custom made for your car and Covercraft has of 50,000 patterns to choose from. Should they not have a pattern for your ride we can address that as well.

You can PM me or phone 800 421 2011 weekdays 7am to 3pm and ask for John. Tell them it is "old car" related and I'll take the call. We accept Visa, MC and AMEX and can drop ship directly to you from Covercraft's factory located in Oklahoma.

You won't be disappointed.

6. I have known John for 35 years now and can tell you that he is a stright shooter who won't treat you wrong. He is also one of "US" with a great collection of Chrysler '300' cars and for you VW types, an original DKP member

7. Flannel is nice to your paint but it won't block dust from filtering through. I agree on the NOAH material. Good stuff.

8. kustomsrule

kustomsrule
    from L A

I've had only two car covers, both from California Car Covers. Both were a very good fit. One was made of Teknalon; it was bulky, thick and collected dust like crazy. The other was made of Noah; it was light and collected very little dust. When I need another one, it'll be Noah material from Cal Car Covers. (I assume that I don't need to tell you, NEVER put a plastic tarp over your car, either with or without a real car cover.)

9. johnl

johnl

Tan Flannel is good, but there is a dust factor. I've used those for years but in recent times I've found the NOAH to be as good for softness and better protection with very little dust.

I also noted a post regarding Technalon or Eveloution material which is the same thing. This is a product made by Kimberly Clark and is basically paper. Once they start to go it is rapid and very messy.

I've found the NOAH to be much better in all aspects over Flannel and Technalon, but that is just my opinion.

10. bryan6902

bryan6902

Thanks for all the input! johnl, I'll give you a call this week.

11. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Does anyone have any recomendations, or expierence with covers for outside use? That is for a car that will end up with about 3 feet of snow sitting on it, for the whole winter.

12. snowman

snowman

I'm interested in an outdoor cover as well. One that can handle the rain!

13. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

I've had to covers from Cal Car Covers for outdoor storage, but the only things I have to worry about is rain. The storm weave is great. Water rolls off. I've used the Noah with the Storm Weave over it. Protects the paint and the Storm Weave protects the Noah.

14. snowman

snowman

15. bryan6902

bryan6902

Look at posts 5 & 6 in this thread. Covercraft = California Car Covers. I bought a Covercraft and it's perfect. Get a hold of johnl and he can get you what you need.

16. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

I've had both Califonia Car Cover and Covercraft. Both are nice covers and do a good job protecting my car. I have to say though the California cover fits perfect!

17. I have 2 also, highly recommend them.