Register now to get rid of these ads!

Car clubs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Greezer708, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Greezer708

Greezer708
    from Mound mn

I'm looking to start a car club around the minneapolis/Lake minnetonka area!

Justin.......

2. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

3. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

and he's gonna pass out some of those cool mask....

4. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

I just really didn't know how to respond. Other choices were:
    Congrats?
    Good luck.
    Are tractor grills allowed?
    Do you wear those masks when pleasuring each other?

5. Greezer708

Greezer708
    from Mound mn

Thats not a mask in my avitar its a pannel i painted!

6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Check the current thread on posting of car club plaques. Will give you an idea as to how many clubs in your area. What is your motive to start your own car club?

7. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

Maybe the motive is to get masks like the panel he just painted.

There may be some local web pages that list car clubs in that area, and it may be a good place to start.

8. saltflatmatt

saltflatmatt
    Alliance Vendor

Good, Minneapolis needs more traditional hot rod clubs!!!!

9. Mopar34

Mopar34

If you want to do this, then by all means go for it. Great to have a group to hang with and to run with. It's a lot of work, but if you can get others to share the burden it's worth it. Too many clubs have a tendency to grow fast, get involved in setting up events, and then find out that the same members end up doing all of the work all of the time.:mad: Then things unravel.:( So beware and enjoy, nothing worth it is ever easy.

Good Luck!!

10. well ccs are cool but the most important thing on a cc is friendship ,it is about a couple of guys who are ready to go truth good and bad times together. So its better to have a couple of good friends who create a club then to have a club who is looking for good friends. Thats my experience. As cooler the club name as more peoples would give everything to get the plaque and the jacket, but and this is the big BUT ,what would they do to keep it?mostly nothing

11. easy butter, easy salt.

12. Wouldn't it be better to have a car before you started a car club.

13. VonKool13

VonKool13

Go for it, don't let the haters get you down. Have fun in the CC world and don't take yourself too serious, cuz that's when shit gets REAL Gay!

14. Wowcars

Wowcars

I couldn't have put it better myself!

15. Muttley

Muttley

Will there be car coats and blood initiations?

16. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

Why should his club be any different? I love seeing/hearing guys tell me they don't "yet" have a done car as they are in such and such club. But to be fair, their pomp has the right amount of grease, their cuffs are the right height and they have the perfect amount of tattoos,,,,,,just ask them :cool:

17. Greezer708

Greezer708
    from Mound mn

exactly! Car clubs should not be about what cars you do and don't own or how many people are in it.....There is a lot of clubs out there that let people in that don't have cars! i mean that's lame but some people don't have cars or don't have the money...it should be about the brother hood of friends and good friends that hang out!No drama no bullshit! only let the people in that you know are good friends of yours and that are not going to start shit or drama and they would have to be asked to join!

Justin

18. Greezer708

Greezer708
    from Mound mn

o and someone that shows heart in cars and works hard man!

19. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

My view:
    the BEST way to FUCK UP a set of relationships is to form a car club.

20. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

Hmmmmmmm so car clubs shouldn't be about cars. Interesting. Then why call them CAR clubs? Why not just join/build,,,, a CLUB.

I'm going to have to think about this one for a bit. I agree that it is about a gathering of friends of like minded people, but isn't the likemindedness,,,,,,CARS?

I have a group of friends here, and we even have hats and t-shirts and stickers,,, called the River Sluts. I guess we can be a car club too now. It is EXACTLY what was described, and we even sometimes talk about cars. Maybe I do belong to a car club when people ask.

21. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

Wait a minute, I just reread both of our posts. You took my sarcasim as a serious post saying its not about cars, but rather clothes and hair? :rolleyes:

ROFLMFAO:D

22. Down here we call them "Jacket Clubs". 4 or 5 "greasers" in there mom's PT Cruiser. They go to all the concerts and act tough and shit until you ask them what they drove. hahahaha

23. Car clubs are a near taboo subject for some and others, the greatest pleasure they have known! It's a human crapshoot for sure, the right guys will do the right thing and support each other thru it all, one or more bad apples and well, thats is where the hate comes from, personally, my younger years were misspent with some of the greatest guys I have ever known and a few a-holes thrown in to make a full barrel.If a club is what you seek, go for it! All should know the good, the bad and the ugly of our gearhead world! Start you quest today.............

24. flatblackstude

flatblackstude
    from carver, ma

Hi,
    So here is my take on this, I started a thread on car clubs in my area and didn't get a response for a while. No biggie. But someone made a very good point, "Finish yr car first". To most a no brainer. So that's what I'm doing. It would kinda suck to take the bus or walk to a meeting!Then I'll go to some gatherings and meet some people and go from there, Easy nuff. Some of us, myself included, would be honored and would enjoy being in an established car club and be able to share their projects and trials and tribulations.
    To me it would be an accomplishment. I for instance do not know a single person who is into old cars or any cars for that matter, and just do all the work in the garage with a radio and my faithful companinon (the dog). I'm not complaining I value my "quiet time", but it would be nice to get together with some people and shoot the shit once and a while.

Different people join or want to join a car club for different reasons, and there are assholes everywhere. But, there are some decent people out there as well. So I guess just keep an open mind, and if you join or start a club good luck, hopefully you'll find what yr looking for. I'll be looking for one this summer to join, after I finish my car and hit a few gatherings/shows.:D

Okay now tear the post apart, lol.

25. Greezer708

Greezer708
    from Mound mn

sorry i forgot that part but i tought you would not have been told the part about car since were on a thread about car clubs......

26. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

clubs are still for seals....

[​IMG]

27. dla4567

dla4567
    from callery pa

Is it wrong that I laughed at that?

28. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

LOL LOL cheyenne , im goin to ask the same question i used to ask deer hunters . If the seals had clubs , would you still go out there ? ..... LOL what a pic ! steve

29. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

I think teh seals should have guns,,only then would it be fair,,I mean hell if a guy in a snowmobile suit walks up to you with and axe handle you should be allowed to defend yourself:D

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  30. parksquijada

parksquijada
    from norcal

Jumped in:( or sexed in:), and by who?:eek:

Seriously, you'll only have 3 or 4 real friends in your lifetime. Find them and start building and racing together. Doesn't get any better than that and if you can include the ol' ladies somehow do it. 'Cause if mama ain't happy, NO one's happy!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009