Register now to get rid of these ads!

Car Club Plaque Photos?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bullet Nose, Feb 2, 2008.

1. I enjoyed the book.

2. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

I have a photo of this plaque on the Watertown page .....

[​IMG]

I wonder if there was an earlier version of their plaque since I don't remember any club in the 50's having "Established ****" on them. This was usually added when the club was restarted and they had new plaques made. Then everyone would know how old the club was and when it began.

3. Trencher

Trencher

wow, it took some doing, but this was my dad's, he says he still has it...I want it for my '54... BAD! it was a '57 Ford Convertible, had the Satel-Lite tails, too

[​IMG]

4. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

You sent me a PM saying "I wish I could make out the little engine pic on the right side of the plaque better!"

I think the graphic on this plaque was used many times and there are a few examples on the Hot Heads page that appear to be the same design.

5. Trencher

Trencher

6. So here is the old plaque and the new design. Thanks O'Briens for all the help and see you in Pomona

Attached Files:

7. Dennis..
    Akadama Japanese plumb wine was popular in the early/mid 70s on the west coast..Portland to be exact. My old roomate got me started on it. Maybe that's what akadama refers to?
    Had a great taste and a helluva kick.

8. Thanks OneFineComet, new plaque was designed by Club member "Chubbs". He also designed our Logo for our jackets and shirts

9. elchubbs49

elchubbs49
    from california

Fricken nice broski

10. Thanks Rocky

11. kruizerKing91

kruizerKing91

12. Got a matching Der Kobblers plaque in my garage waiting for its new ride.Still a menber, even though I'm in the South now.

13. Here ya go!!!

Attached Files:

14. Here's another I haven't seen here!!

Attached Files:

15. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

After corresponding with "Gaters" yesterday, I visited this thread again and noticed that it will be 3 years ago tomorrow that I started it.

I'd like to say thanks to everyone who added a photo (or two) to this thread. When it started I said that our "website has almost 4,000 different plaques". As I'm writing this today, we have 5,894 different plaque photos posted.

I also looked back to see that there have been 70,272 page views and someone actually gave this thread 5 stars (a first for me) along the line.

A few plaques I haven't been able to get better photos of are .....

[​IMG]

and​

[​IMG]

I wonder if it's time to start a new thread or let this one go on like it has. Any feedback is appreciated.

Bill Junge

PS: I'm still looking for the other 7,000 plus plaques that I don't have photos of.

16. I vote for keeping it going Bill, that way we won't have to watch two threads that people will add posts to.

Also, if you have 6,000 photos we need a whole lot more than 7,000 to "have them all." I have 15,000+ patterns between Speed Gems, Chicago Metal Craft and O'Brien Truckers. Add in an estimated 5,000 for Koehler/Stylized Emblem and then add in the dozens of smaller companies and all the plaques made in shop classes and back yards and Stan and I estimate there could be over 30-40,000 different plaques that have been made in the past 80 years. And that's not counting the tens of thousands of toppers and lowrider plaques that have been produced. The numbers are staggering!

Dennis

17. Gaters

Gaters

Here is my feedback on keeping this thread going...

Attached Files:

18. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

HOLY SHIT! I'm gonna need another lifetime.

19. Keep it going, thanks to O'Brien's efforts I have my college car club plaque from the 60's. See avatar.

20. DPG

DPG

I posted this elsewhere before I found this thread.
    Would love to have the plaque in my hands again.

Dan

Attached Files:

21. One of the original plaques made for West Coast Kustoms There are only 25 made with So. Cal.

Attached Files:

22. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Rit,

The one I have on the So Cal page on our website looks like it has something under the So Cal .....

[​IMG]

Do you have any idea what that is? I also have two versions on the West Coast page and would like to know when those were made, if you know. They are .....

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

23. rustdodger

rustdodger

here is one I haven't seen on here

Attached Files:

24. samurai mike

samurai mike

wow ! i like that one!

25. Muttley

Muttley

My dad's, from the mid '60's.

[​IMG]

26. Heres my Dads ROAD ANGELS plaque from when he was a member in the 50's and another one I picked up at a Wisconsin flea market 25 years ago. The name on the back is Daniel TIGER Thompson .Both were made by Chicago Metal Craft. Mitch.

Attached Files:

• one.jpg
      one.jpg
      File size:
      462.9 KB
      Views:
    • two.jpg
      two.jpg
      File size:
      417.9 KB
      Views:
  27. Can you tell us where the Road Angels were from Mitch?

28. blucar

blucar

The attached club plate is from a club that myself and several other guys formed in Las Vegas, NV in the mid 1950's.
    At last count, about six years ago, only one of the original members still lived in Vegas and still had his club plate
    We designed the plate ourselves, had them made and then did the polishing and painting ourselves as a club project.

Attached Files:

29. My Dads club, the ROAD ANGELS was from the south side of Chicago in about 55-58 or there abouts. Most of the guys that were in it are probably in their late 70's now like my Dad. I saw on BULLET NOSES web site that there was another ROAD ANGEL plaque in the city unknown area (?) but it had been painted a bunch of different colors.
    I still see a couple of the guys my Dad used to run with at shows and whatnot from time to time. In fact the ROAD ANGELS had a reunion several years ago and my Dad took my 36 Chevy pick-up to it and he had a blast. You're never too old to have fun with cars !! Mitch.