Register now to get rid of these ads!

Car ad sayings I love to hate...what's your's?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Aman, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Car is disassembled, no motor or transmission, have all parts, needs minor restoration.

OR

1995 Toyota Corolla, some rust, great rat rod project.

But the one that pissed me off the most was a Volkswagen commercial from the 80's done to the tune of Ronny & the Daytonas. I own GTO's! :mad:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  2. dynaflash

dynaflash
    from South

I am confused at why every car in the world has a "crate" engine. What difference does that make since I hope they throw the crate away before installing the engine.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

3. Jimmy2s83

Jimmy2s83
    from Indiana

Wanted to revive this thread. Laughed at a few and have some of my own hated phrases.

1: Great Investment! (yeah we all know how that goes)

2: Low miles. (engine, trans, and rear all replaced so what does that matter?)

3: Sell for $1000 or trade value must be $2000. (why would I trade a $2000 car for a $1000 car?)

4: Ran great before it threw a rod. (I actually saw that and similiar in a couple ads)

5: Runs great! Has a lifter tick. (AKA rod knock, Looked at a car knocking hard and he tried so hard to convince me it would go another 20-50K miles like that....)

6: Interior is nice. No rips. (seats have covers on them and whoa! Ripped seats underneath??? Seller acts like they didn't know those were covers....Really?)

7: Only wrecked once. (OK good, because once its wrecked twice I'm out)

8: "Light flood damage" (uh huh...)

9: Needs nothing. (later in ad tires are bald, check engine light on, ect ect.)

10: Just needs a tune up. (oh how many of these I have seen! If only tune ups could fix poor compression, worn seals, ect...)

11: Really need the money. (yet the price is much higher than similiar ads)

12: Best deal around! (I've been in a mood where I sent links to a seller with that in their ad in which the cars were comparable or in better shape for the same or less asking price. One time he replied to me "no trades". LOL)

13: No Trades. (later in ad "will trade for....)

14: Very fast runs 1/4 mile 10s 11s 12s ect. (no proof and during test drives it feels like we'd be lucky to be in the 15s.)

15: Sell it on ebay for more (if it would bring more on ebay why not sell it there yourself?)