Register now to get rid of these ads!

cant keep it quiet any longer

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by smittystoys, Dec 17, 2010.

1. jleblanc31

jleblanc31

Could you send me some pics of the wrecker boom setup I have a 30 A i am wanting to make into a wrecker. I picked up on an old crank handel winch but don't have any good pics of a boom. Any help would be appreciated.

2. smittysspeed29

smittysspeed29
    from odessa tx

3. thewildturkey46

thewildturkey46
    from Rice, MN

Hey Monte, nice score.................tell you Dad I said Hi, I used to live in Odessa in the late 70's. I see your Dad at the Deuce Reunion each September. Thewildturkey...aka Dale

4. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

WOW...what kind of valve covers are those?? There badass....Love the black mild kustom too!!!

5. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

Wow...great find...love the 40 and a pickup...especially the interiors...that old naugahyde wears like steel...

6. AAFD

AAFD
    from US of A

What a kick ass deal! I'd love to see this car at the Round Up in it's full '63 Magazine Feature glory. Wow. That little A pickup is pretty cool too. You guys have a nice collection. I want that Y-Block...NOW! I used to have some of those valve covers...very rare.

7. Pics of the Roadster pickup ???

Great story Montie.

8. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

No... shit... Those are wild!

9. lowtruck

lowtruck
    from Omaha

Wow. That '40 is killer. Great score.

10. WOW! that 40 is awesome! Like everybody else said: restore it ! The pick up is also great, maybe your dad can give you that for a "finders fee"! LOL...

11. Steve 38

Steve 38

Ryan ran a photo of the 40 in one of his editorials a couple of years ago and I always wondered what happened to that car. I was going to start a thread on it, guess I don't need to now! Congratulations.

[​IMG]

12. When you first said "it has an Edsel Grill" I was thinking "FUGLY!" . But, after seeing the pic's and how much work was involved. It works real well for the time period it was built. It just SCREAMS early sixties. But I do agree with some of the others posters here,put the original style wheels on it. Then drive the socks off it!

13. smittystoys

smittystoys

We got the wheels coming for the 40 today yaa!!!!

14. soda4u2

soda4u2

Interior looks brand new!!! Really cool!!!

15. soda4u2

soda4u2

Interior looks brand new!!! Really cool!!!!

16. stlouisgasser

stlouisgasser

Wow! I gotta admit....I'm diggin' the shit outa those valve covers also with their cast diagonal fins on top!

17. 47 ford

47 ford

I am speechless.......

What a score

18. S.F.

S.F.

BITCHEN...I vote for a restoration...repaint it red again, put a blower back on it and the same wheels and tires it had in 1963.

19. Damn! Bingo, great score!!!

20. fatkoop

fatkoop

Daaaaaaaaaaammmmmnnnnnnnnn!! I remember that '40 from the magazine coverage! One of the only seriously modified '40's ever to really look good, in my opinion. Those tailights are absoutely killer! I agree with others here, put it back in red and put the '60's style wheels back on it and drive the snot out of it!! Beautiful car. You are a lucky, lucky man.

21. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

man that's awesome! Congrats - look forward to checking it out at the round up!

22. smittysspeed29

smittysspeed29
    from odessa tx

23. thewishartkid

thewishartkid

Are all those cars yours? And how about a pic. of the blonde in a reflection in one of those shots!

24. smittystoys

smittystoys

All of the cars are my dads except for the model a coupe and the 50 they are my sons we havent posted any picts of my cars yet ..the girl in the reflection is my daughter in law shes a hooters girl.. shes a sweethart.. i will try to post some picts as we progress on the cars.thanks Montie. All of the cars are steel except the yellow 32.

25. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

26. Damn they are beautiful! I owned a coupe so I will always prefer a stock deluxe or standard grill, but I appreciate the amount of work it took to build the car. They are both definitely classics.

27. smittysspeed29

smittysspeed29
    from odessa tx

28. smittysspeed29

smittysspeed29
    from odessa tx

29. Quite a toy collection. I'd like a tour someday.