Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Candia New Hampshire swap meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ABONES, Apr 20, 2015.

1. mike bowling

mike bowling

Turned out to be a good day- a little soggy at first, but all in all pretty nice. The "Exceptionally Beautiful Coffee Princess" was there early , so everyone drank way too much coffee ! HAMBERS running wild all over the place. (Good to meet the faces behind the user-names). I believe a good time was had by all. And I got rid of an extra motor , so now I have room for another extra motor ---wait a minute...

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
    patmanta, pitman and ABONES like this.
  2. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

Godwayto spend my birthday weekend for sure. I actually sold more than I bought!

Somebody lost what looked like a 35 fender onthe highway though. I hope they found it.

3. mike bowling

mike bowling

We all need to push this Swap and make it a North East "place to go" ( I almost put down "destination"- I need a cyber slap!) to find parts , network with gearheads from different areas, and turn it into something that'll be good for all involved. It's a pisser location, easy to get to , and the family is really into making it happen. There's more good parts showing up every month, and I've sold stuff every time I've gone. Talk it up during the month, and let's fill that field. Imagine "Fitchburg Airport" every month- I'd have to be sedated! ( and re-mortgage my house!)( and build a bigger garage!) ( and I'm going to start pissing 100% Dark Roast)

4. Ralphies54

Ralphies54

How about a picture of "The Coffee Princess", that should get people moving in that direction

ABONES likes this.
  5. mike bowling

mike bowling

Next month I want to get some pics of the event itself and post them on here . (So everyone should wear a clean T shirt ). ( Yes , and pants, but they don't have to be that clean.) Time will tell as far as other subject matter goes; I like the idea though! Start saving your paper route money!

patmanta likes this.
  6. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

Was pleasantly surprised at how many vendors Sunday. Lots of people buying. I sold enough to pay for the day and next month. Had a great time

patmanta likes this.
  7. August date 8/30 coincides with the Hot Rod Reunion at New England Dragway. I hope this doesn't hurt the attendance both vendors and buyers.

8. I don't think it made a big difference at Amherst. I'll be at Candia.

patmanta likes this.
  9. mike bowling

mike bowling

I c$n't aff$rd th$ h$t r$d r$union- I'm gonna meet Mr. "ABONES" and have a nice relaxing day at the Farm. "The Hot Rod Reunion" is really cool based on the pics I saw from last year , but I 'm saving my dough for the "Race of Gentlemen" in October. Mayhem on the Joisey Shore!!
    "Nostalgia Drags" on August 2nd ( this Sunday). All day fun for $15 bucks. My .02---Track food sucks and is mucho dinero- pack a cooler!
    Yeah, Baby! August is a BUSY month!

ABONES likes this.
  10. Barrington Truck show around the 23rd.

11. This is the first year for the last weekend in August. Last two years it was mid September.

12. pitman

pitman

I look f'ward to seeing the Blevins Sunday event, skoal! ;)

13. mike bowling

mike bowling

Don't forget the "All Timer's - Gearhead Gathering" Mon. Aug. 17th in Haverhill.
    And Candia is the 30th according to their flyer.
    CORRECTION MADE- SORRY BOUT THAT!

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  14. I can see that being a problem. I was originally told it was the last Sunday of the month. Could confuse people who don't look at the dates on the pamphlet. Me included. lol

15. Yes I thought Candia was the last Sunday of the month. I'll have to look at my flyer and you're right that could be a problem.

16. mike bowling

mike bowling

STOP THE PRESSES!!!!! MY ERROR!!!! AUGUST 30th IS CORRECT!!!! ( MY BAD)
    MASSIVE TURNOUT EXPECTED!!! GET THERE EARLY!!!!!
    TELL EVERTONE YOU CAN THINK OF TO GO CAT GO!!!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
    ABONES likes this.
  17. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

18. Fill us in on Fryeburg. Dates? How many vendors? As many as Candia? I'll be at Candia this month.

patmanta likes this.
  19. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

Seems to be an annual thing. When I arrived there were about a quarter the vendors and twice thecars as Candia in July. No yard sale crap either because the weekly flea market happens in a separate part of the fairgrounds.

Spots were $10 and admission was a dollar, proceeds to charity, and a raffle.

20. Annual meaning yearly?

21. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

22. Looks a wee bit better than last month weather wise. What are you all doing regarding the hot rod reunion?
    They are holding a swap the same day and I bet people from all around will be there as well...

23. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

I will be at Candia in am and then heading to the reunion- I am working the reunion this year but I'm going to be late 'cause I'm not going to miss Candia! See you there

patmanta likes this.
  24. The swap meet at the reunion is very small and seems to be more speed related.

25. mike bowling

mike bowling

I think the traditionally minded scrap mongers will be in attendance at the Bleven's version of "Woodstock for Gearheads"- HRR is a great show, but expensive and crowded ( I like rusty junk, not crowds). See you all at the Farm!

patmanta and ABONES like this.
  26. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

We're planning on doing Candia this Sunday as well. I've still got stuff I don't need that I'd like to turn into stuff I DO need (like a nice set of 36 Ford headlights...mmmm...).

27. 32 hudson

32 hudson

Going to the farm first early then the reunion for the rest of the day.

28. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

Yes and speed equals money.

ABONES likes this.
  29. mike bowling

mike bowling

Well, I got a freebie to the Hot Rod Reunion yesterday and it was pretty cool- 1st day so not too crowded and the weather was pissah. Lots of neat cars; if you go check out the "banger" belly tanker from Penn. and the '57 Chevy 6cyl. land speed car ( ex stock car, owned and driven by a super cool lady). The flea market wasn't TOO bad- some old rusty stuff, but mostly newer SBC go fast shit. ( I didn't buy anything, and I always buy SOMETHING!) Back to the Farm Sunday for a day of rest, I mean RUST!!-------- See ya there!!!

ABONES and patmanta like this.
  30. Went to the Hot Rod Reunion today. Good turnout and great show but I'll see you guys in Candia tomorrow.