Register now to get rid of these ads!

can you still get remaned 235's?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sinister13, Dec 17, 2006.

1. sinister13

sinister13

have a 60 chevy wagon, and the ol motor is just tired. thought i would check and see if they still reman these motors? does any one know before i waste time driving to the parts store to talk with a high school kid who doesn't know what it looks like. thanks ryan

2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

235's went out in 1961.... or was it 62? I highly doubt you will be getting one at the local parts house. take yours to the machine shop and have it redone.

3. Not to the best of my knowledge. Your best bet will be to find a reputable machine shop in your area. The last Chevy inline I built, I ended up ordering most of the parts through the mail. Check Patrick's Antique Cars and Trucks in Casa Grande, AZ. He should be able to hook you up with everything you'll need for your old stovebolt.

4. squirrel

squirrel

I don't see it listed in the parts available for an old chevy at rockauto.com

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1325258,pgname,Engine

usually if it's listed, they'll have it there.

I'm sure that you can get one rebuilt, it's just not likely you'll find a rebuilt motor sitting ready to go...but you could ask, you never know.

5. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

They're very easy to rebuild.... All the machine work is pretty easy for just about any competent machine shop. You can usually find a good core to rebuild for just about free, so you can keep the one in the car while building the other...

6. squirrel

squirrel

if you do get another core to build, make sure the block has the same mounting points as the one in the car! sucks to spend all that $$$ and then discover you can't bolt on the mounts because the bosses aren't there

7. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

That's a good thought. Any '58-'62 block will do.

8. squirrel

squirrel

watch out for 55-59 truck blocks, they don't always have the side mount bosses

9. Rand Man

Rand Man

I would consider swappping in a newer model like a 250. I'm not sure what it would take to do it.