Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Can you shed any light on the history of my survivor Kustom???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by koolkemp, Feb 3, 2011.

?
  1. Keep the Dodge

79 vote(s)
    53.7%
  2. Get the cool Chevy

68 vote(s)
    46.3%
  1. screwball

screwball

Hes not the only one. I was hesitant but sided for Steve to make the trade.

2. LEAD KING

LEAD KING

I found a few pics of some of the cars he has done Pete

Attached Files:

3. screwball

screwball

No pics of his first Chev. I loved that car and the wagon was kool.

4. screwball

screwball

For all you guys who know Steve these are the guys who helped in painting the flames on Steve's Pontiac.

5. CraigR

CraigR
    from California

Tough call - I like your ideas for the Dodge Koolkemp, but it would be going to a good home..
    And yeah, Brian Johnson's OK, but he's no Bon Scott!

6. About time you finally got on here to plead your case Roberts,ha,ha. Get the damned car back to Canada from the east coast and take me out for a ride pleeeeeease!
    He'll,I'll even drive if you insist. Ok when evryone gets this smoothed out,see if you can find where I dropped my ambition and I'll dust off the crap from my 53 Buick roadster pickup and start carving again maybe?

7. leadhead51

leadhead51
    from ontario

holy crap you still have that!!darcy showed me that many years ago.sounds like your slipping to my side for the trade .

8. Jay71

Jay71

What? That chevy is still not in your posession?! You could be on your way to Austin already!

9. koolkemp

koolkemp

Hahah at least hes not a lurker anymore :D

10. koolkemp

koolkemp

Lol you guys wont let us in your country anymore without a passport gotta get one eh!

11. koolkemp

koolkemp

Damn Randys old Chevy looks awesome , I dont think I ever saw a pic of it ... the last time I saw it was at the old mans shop and you were working on the chop...you are right the Caddy backlight looks great!

12. GlenC

GlenC

Bon Who????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZY2nl2CwLc

Cheers, Glen.

13. Greezeball

Greezeball

Ooooo...she's a tied race! I'd just flip a coin at this point.:D

14. koolkemp

koolkemp

Chevys ahead again!!

15. koolkemp

koolkemp

Hmm I got some ideas for those dagmars I left with ya that might be cool on the Chevy...can you hook up with my brother ? My Mom will be up there in may sometime

16. LEAD KING

LEAD KING

Steve when i come see you in April i will be driving the 54 chevy.

17. Just some new thoughts here. Remember that you asked for opinions on the trade. I voted for the Chev. Only because mild gives way to wild IMO.

Consider the outcome of finding out the history of the wild. Will knowing where it was born and whose mind created it increase your love for it? Or will any new info dissapoint? If the car hasn't got the desired pedigree will you allow your creative side at it, or will you still be sitting on it in another five years?

Is the fact that you haven't done much to it in how many years, any indication of your desire to move on to something else that you can readily enjoy? Is the known history you have gathered so far, as hard to come by as it has been, influencing any of your decision and in what way? Have you considered a first right of refusal deal with the Chev's stuard? What do you think would be the best for the car?

You've already decided what the best is for you, or your back has decided for you that is. Go with your gut. Put a time limit on your decision, and maybe you can be cruising this summer. Resolve to sticking to what ever you decide because regrets can get in the way of reality. I've regretted letting go of past rides, but the reality is they were a means to where I am now. That's a good thing.

Just a thought or two. Sleep well.

Doug.

18. screwball

screwball

yeah you can have the dagmars back

19. koolkemp

koolkemp

Cool man thanks ! Have you got the Valiant out yet? Snows gone here got the Pontiac out for a cruise last weekend but its kinda cold now...and the heater cores plugged so I gotta try and clean it out .

20. koolkemp

koolkemp

Right on I didnt realize it was the same car !

21. screwball

screwball

nah still have a snow pile in front of the yard and wet soft ground.I will wait I want to get it lowered before putting it on the road. Or may be not lowering it will only take an afternoon. Im cleaning out the back yard this spring parting out the 55 Chev p/u and 65 Econoline and a couple travel trailers scrapping whats left. Still keeping the 67 the 53 and still deciding about the 46 dodge and fargo trucks.

22. koolkemp

koolkemp

Thanks Doug

I dont think the Dodges history would change how I feel about it...the 47 Ford started out as a year round beater 4 door project that got carried away :eek: If I had known at the outset what it would have turned into I would have just started on the Dodge lol! There could not be a better caretaker for the Dodge than Aaron....period ... and he would drive the shit out of it ,and that would be a good thing! That being said it would still be hard to watch it leave :( . It is part of the family in a way. I suppose my legacy with the car would be saving it from the steady deterioration it received from the guy I got it from.....You are right about the regrets though...they can get in the way of reality and hey who knows the Chevy could one day be good trade bait for a 35-36 Ford coupe project :D

23. koolkemp

koolkemp

Whats the 67 & 53 ?? Let me know what ya got in the way of good 55 truck stuff Lindsay( Flatheadfever) has a 58 GMC

24. screwball

screwball

the 67 Valiant and the Plymouth.

25. leadhead51

leadhead51
    from ontario

Tick tick tick tick

26. screwball

screwball

Im pushin for the trade

27. junkmonger

junkmonger

Go for the trade.

28. scott 351 wins

scott 351 wins

both are cool cars but the chevy's lines are sexier. i would opt for the trade too. good luck.

29. koolkemp

koolkemp

Haha I will get an e-mail to you tonight ! Votes for the chevy are way ahead!

30. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

Hey there. I drove by your exit today on the way home from the big city.
    I would have stopped in to check on your operation but was in too much of a rush to get home and responsibilities.
    So.. votes gonna sway you? Peer-pressure?
    Guess I better vote. ;)