Register now to get rid of these ads!

can someone check my new ride out?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by big hugh ness, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Hi guys. Just bought the sweetest car on the planet (Well, I think so). A 1950 Buick. Ebay.
    Guy lives in Marietta Georgia.
    I dont even know if this is allowed, but does someone live around there who knows the car, can vouch for it, etc?
    I am just a tad too far across the ocean to verify.
    Just to be sure before I lay down my cash...

here she is:

<DD>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220768035197&viewitem=</DD><DD>please dont tell me this is not the real deal!!!!</DD><DD> </DD>

2. Great looking ride. Good luck.

3. Thanks mate. This is one bad boy!

4. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Can't see much---if what I see is done with metal rather than chicken wire and bondo, I would say you can't build it for the $13900.00

5. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

For that price I can't see how you can go wrong. That is a really good looking custom. Sure it may have mechanical issues but you didn't spend 20-30-40 g's for it either. Nice car.

6. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

7. thanks so much for your help, and well wishes guys.,
    I needed that :)

8. Muttley

Muttley

Might have been a good idea to start this thread before you bought it.

9. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

He wouldn't have bought it then, four other people would have been fighting over it.:rolleyes:

10. DeVille Gal

DeVille Gal

You might want to PM GreenMtnBoy (Brett), he lives in Marietta, GA.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  11. alchemy

alchemy

Pretty sure I read this in the ad: "THIS VEHICLE IS BEING SOLD AS IS AND ALL SALES FINAL." I'd say it doesn't matter what your inspector finds, cause you already own it.

Why do people think they can commit to buying something, then back out?

12. bcharlton

bcharlton
    from Buffalo NY

Love it. Now go out and drive it.

BC

13. adamshumard

adamshumard

kinda seems a little late to me too.....

14. trailer-Ed

trailer-Ed
    from JC, MO

Yep, doesn't matter what condition it is it's yours now. I hate ebayers that bid to look at a car and not buy!

15. Hope it works out for you bud ... errr ... "mate".

Based on the fact that the auction has already ended ... it appears that you are required to "lay down your cash" being that you won the auction whether the car is decent or not. You won it and NOW you want to check it out? Sure glad I'm not the seller. It looks sweet in the pics though.

"THIS CAR HAS A PLEXIGLASS WINDSHIELD" ... sure hope that's legal in Oz because getting a real glass one to fit might be next to impossible.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  16. AllSteel36

AllSteel36
    from California

Back up a bit guys, if the car is not as advertised, he's not on the hook to buy it, regardless of the "all sales final" wording.

Just saying if I bought that on Ebay, got there and fired it up and the engine smoked and started dribbling oil, there wouldn't be any $$ coming out of my pocket, since the ad says "engine doesn't smoke...".

Anyway, I'm sure the car is fine, but my point is has the right to inspect the vehicle to make sure it meets the ad wording, before he lays out any cash.

17. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's a nice looking ride and I hope it's well-made, but the plexi windshield thing would have me a little worried as well.

18. Fatbob309

Fatbob309

Jesus.... I think you guys may have taken his post wrong... or I am... It sounded like he wanted to make sure it was a real car before letting go of 13g's. Nothing wrong with that.

19. brad chevy

brad chevy

Plexiglass windshield,no side windows or rear glass,paint completely a frigging mess door panels need redone right,you sure you read the ad and looked at the pics before bidding,Can"t drive unless good weather,rear brake lines screwed up. Thats a steep price for an unfinished project and you have shipping on top of that.You first stated that you bought it then added some shit line( before I lay down my cash.)The hammer has dropped and you own it. Even the seller must have dealt with bad buyers before by his ad.

20. el shad

el shad

Agreed!

big hugh ness just asked for someone to check on the car (I dig it btw). He didn't ask for purchasing advice, or guidance.

Why does every post turn out this way. Can't we help each other without everyone trying to flex their keyboard muscles? Dicks......

21. caseyscustoms

caseyscustoms
    BANNED
    from st.joe, MO

guys like you are why selling on ebay sucks these days.

you win the auction then find out if you want it or not. assclown

22. caseyscustoms

caseyscustoms
    BANNED
    from st.joe, MO

p.s. you paid at least 7 grand to much.

23. J scow

J scow
    from Seattle

Quit being assholes he said he bought it!! He probably just wants to make sure it exists and isn't a Nigerian scam. No need to read between the lines. You are all assuming he is trying to back out. If you question his intent be a man and ask him. Maybe you will be wrong? or maybe you could educate him on edicate seeing as you are all experts. Btw its kind of f-ed up to talk shit about how much someone paid for something. The guy seems happy about his purchase... Why you gotta piss in his Cheerios?

24. el shad

el shad

Because it is easy to talk shit on the web. I'd put $ on the fact that 3/4 of these guys wouldn't talk shit face to face.

If I had the extra scratch I'd buy it. Just saying.......

25. OK ... one thing we do know for sure is that no one here knows for sure what the OP meant. Based on that fact ... people are giving opinions based on their interpretation of what he meant by what he said. No need for all this bitching and whining amongst the rest of us.

I thought I read here on the HAMB that Australia has some really strict laws that were not often enforced in the past but are now being put to use regarding the importation of cars (something along the lines of some guy buying a car/rod and it arriving in Australia only to be refused entry to the country with the only option being send it back or crush it). That being said (and I am not going to bother searching out that thread to find the exact wording etc) I would be more than a little worried about the plexiglass windshield. I also find it rather interesting that the eBay ad does not show any pics of the undercarriage.

26. Fleetliner

Fleetliner
    from Oregon

Just a side note, his add. says bill of sale in hand. Something to think about looking into. Hate to see you spend all that money and then have the real title holder come along and say ship my car back to me.

27. Tommy's Cycle

Tommy's Cycle
    from So Cal

28. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

That's a big pill to swallow. I feel a COLD SWEAT coming on.:(

29. Tommy's Cycle

Tommy's Cycle
    from So Cal

The thought of him paying another $10k to get it shipped over there and possibly refused makes my stomach knot up. I just went through this with a '50 Shoebox I sold to a Gentleman in Victoria. It's been 6 months and he still doesnt have possesion of the car.

30. Roadagent2

Roadagent2

It doesn't matter what you paid for it as long as you like it and drive it...like mine, its not an investment, so drive it and enjoy it!
    PS...its a cool ride!