Register now to get rid of these ads!

Can somebody take a measurement for me

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Greg Wapling, Jun 16, 2008.

1. I'm in the process of putting a Series 3 Jag front end under my 51 Chev Pickup, I need to double check that it's in the right location and all my manuals show dimensions with the body on and all I have now is a bare chassis.
    What I need is the measurement from the front of the chassis to the centre line of the front wheels.

(Shown as dimension "H" on this page 8)

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

2. you really need to put the front fenders on , mock up the front wheels/tires and see where the suspension has to go. going by some dimension provided to you on the internet may lead to poor results

3. 73RR

73RR

Sounds like a great swap! I am a big fan of the Jag suspension. How about some pics as you go along? Gotta agree that doing a mock-up might be advantageous even with the dimensions you are looking for.

4. tr12

tr12

i like the jag suspension swap.I think it takes you out of the cookiecutter world of the damned mustang II.by the way,that was a cool website for photoshopping.....think about it,they were all blank profiles of those trucks.plus it had some very good info .
    Troy