Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical can reproduction items for sale be blocked?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by neatoldclassics, Jul 28, 2017.

1. neatoldclassics

neatoldclassics
    from Montana

I am referring for example,... signs for sale on here, that " look" original, but are repops... how do i block a seller so i don't have to see their items..???

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Easy when you see their name on an add don't frigging open it. Or you bitching because he is underselling what you have for sale?

mgtstumpy and Hnstray like this.
  3. Click on the sellers name and click "ignore member"
    Or just close your eyes when ur scrolling down.

mgtstumpy, Texas Webb and Hnstray like this.
  4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just scrolled through 7 pages of Misc adds and found less than ten adds for signs. One listed the sign as repro up front and I didn't open another that showed a sign that may or may not be repro or "looks like one would have". That was by the way the first time I looked in that section in over a year as I am probably the one guy who very seldom if ever checks the HAMB classifieds. Actually bought the sign I mentioned earlier from a Hamber who posted the add on FB. Cool sign that will be one of the first items up on the wall when I get my shop done.

5. ClarkH

ClarkH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Buying signs online is a crapshoot. Here's my rule of thumb: if it's real, the price will be painful. If it seems like a deal, it's fake.

6. neatoldclassics

neatoldclassics
    from Montana

7. neatoldclassics

neatoldclassics
    from Montana

Ok... thanks! that's what i was looking for.

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I understand your wanting classified advertisers to be up front with their items being genuine or repro but my search shows that there just aren't that many signs for sale in the first place. Add to that I doubt if the guys posting the adds will ever read this as most of the serious classified advertisers on here don't participate on the board with the rest of us. They are members so they can advertise for free and make a buck off of us.

mgtstumpy likes this.
  9. And quite a shame^^^^.

10. Budget36

Budget36

Make that two..cause I've been broke as a joke over the past few years...I don't want to get tempted;)