Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Can identify these sprint car drivers from Ian Todd collection?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sramoa, Dec 31, 2020.

1. sramoa

sramoa

Ian Todd requested me via my Facebook page to help to identify these the 30s years drivers.
    From the last two photos were taken 1922 Batavia(NY) and 1931 Batavia(NY) also the last
    73 car was from Tampa(no year).

Thank you very much!
    1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg 1922 batavia.jpg 1931_Batavia.jpg Tampa_73.jpg

2. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

I got nuthin'.

I'm looking forward to more informed replies.
    I also wonder how many of these heroes survived their sport?

3. loudbang

loudbang

Calling the expert @wicarnut maybe he will know them.

4. wicarnut

wicarnut

loudbang, My collection is mostly post war and pretty much stops around late 80's, when I post pictures pre WWII the drivers names are posted with picture if with picture. I am a history nerd, I do have some pre war in my collection but not in my laptop, the pictures are at home, not accessible to me now. I suggest Jim Nise, he has a big collection, seems to have a lot of knowledge, drivers/cars/ tracks of pictures I post. To OP I suggest you or your friend to search the internet, those tracks, years, spend some time, more than likely you'll find the info you're looking for, it's just time/effort. Good Luck

loudbang likes this.

5. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

No. But, if Dad was still here he probably could. He was a walking encyclopedia when it came to anything or anybody racing no matter when or where.

loudbang likes this.
  6. Try posting at Radius Nation - that's Bart - speeddrome on here but don't think he gets on here much.

loudbang likes this.