Register now to get rid of these ads!

Can I bolt a 265 to an S10 5 speed???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KidAgain, Jan 9, 2009.

1. KidAgain

KidAgain

how do I solve the starter problem??

2. Richard Head

Richard Head

If you use the early style (265 or 283) bellhousing, it will have provisions for bolting the starter to it. Ansen scattershields and some lakewood scattershields also accept the early starter.

Dave

3. KidAgain

KidAgain

Thanks Dave, except an N3500 is an all in one trans. Any thoughts here?

4. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

I'm not familiar with the trans you're using, but, if it has a V-8 style "bellhousing", albeit integral, you could use the adapter plate designed to mount late automatics up to early 265's, that did'nt have provision for a block mounted starter. All the classic Chevrolet vendors sell these for around $105.00. It enables you to use the 3 bolt cast iron starter that would originally bolt to the Powerglide starter ring/plate, or to the manual shift bellhousing (they used the same starter). Just be sure the pilot bearing engages enough, measure for the correct lenth throwout bearing, and use the starter motor support trap. Butch/56sedandelivery.

5. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

Wrong transmission

6. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

why don't fng's do a search first???? this has been covered a zillion times.