Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Can a 1963 Dodge Dart be cool?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lrs30, Aug 7, 2013.

1. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

My shifter isn't like that mine has a t handle in front of the shifter and you pull it up to go from drive to reverse/ park but you can slap it they the gears without grabbing the t. Hell maybe it's broke and that's why it works that way
    Lol. And no not tubbing it in the pro street since been there done that already back in 80's/90's sorry don't hold that against me
    Haha

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

That's what I did on my 68 Satilite way back when, I don't know if you saw tht car Brandon, it's the one I had back when Paul Cress put his Chevelle together. We did them
    Both at the same time out at his place in 99. I plan on moving the springs in when I get a weekend. Damn over achieving kids keep me busy

3. Buzznut

Buzznut

A vertible would be sweet. I've always dug the OT '67 Barracuda verts also.

4. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

Well instead of going manual
    Valve body, instead of going the tie the kick down lever in a stationary position, I just went with the LOKAR kick down cable. Yhea I know it won't cherp into second and third but oh we'll atleast I can have the kids drive it and not worry about them driving to school
    In first gear only.... Well there still is that worry. Hahaha. I guess I'm kinda building it to get the kids interested in my hobby, so I guess ease of drivability is first priority. Well as easy as a manual steering manual disc brakes straight axle big block Chrysler car can be

5. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

I've notice that the shifter isn't going all the way into first gear, I crawled under it and tried adjusting it 7 ways from Sunday and still now luck to get it to function properly in every gear.. I'm thinking the previous owner grabbed this shifter from a leftover pile and got it to go into park and sometimes drive...lol and shipped it. So I am in the process of finding/picking out a new shifter.. Any recommendations? It doesn't have to be race bred, just a good reliable one.. I'm liking the pistol grip Hurst from what I am reading it seems like a good choice... Anybody have other ideas, or a good used one laying around?......

6. brandon

brandon

that or the tci version...worked nice in my nephews car.

7. willymakeit

willymakeit

My first legal car was a 64 Dart. Slant 6,3spd. on the column. Wish I had it back.

8. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

I saw that TCI shifter looks nice, also has a nice price on it if I remember correctly. I'm gonna see if I can round up a parts manual for the B&M shifter I got and see if its missing any pieces. I hate sinking another couple Hundo in it if I don't have too.

9. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

I think I'm missing the correct B&M shift arm. It's the only piece of the puzzle that doesn't jive. Other than that just cleaning up under the hood. Anybody have a spare shift arm laying around?

10. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

That's what turns out to be the problem, the arm from B&M is bent different than the stock arm. Does anybody have one? I'm got an email sent to there tech line but no Reply yet, as to a part number or if this is an in stock piece

11. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

Got the new shift arm installed, now everything is working as it should! I love it when it starts coming together. Still not sure about what direction to go with for wheels and tires. I'm leaning towards cheaters. I have some taller tires I may pop on the existing rims to see how it looks without narrowing the rear to get them inside the wheel well.

12. Daved

Daved

You got that Val spot on ay

BTW I've got myself a few early A Body a 64 GT hardtop 408/727/9 inch and a 66 altered wheel base 495/727/8 3/4

Attached Files:

13. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

Love the AWB I'm trying to locate a set or regular old mopar steelies 15x7 5 on4.5 BP if anybody has them let me know. I think those will help with the look of my car big time! Still trying to find a decent pair of slicks for the back..

14. alicia-dusty

alicia-dusty

NOT COOL must be a ford with a small block chevy everybody knows that. I own 1947 Chrysler Windsor 7 passenger sedan, 440/727.

15. I had a friend in high school that had a 63 Dart with a straight axle with a big block chevy engine,,he shut up a lotta guys driving Chevelles and Mustangs. HRP

16. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

That is my plan for the one coming to my stables