Register now to get rid of these ads!

camshaft question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 59 brook, Aug 15, 2013.

1. 59 brook

59 brook

looking to buy a 383 for my w. agon but they all seem to have a cam for a carb motor anuel md mine will be f.i.. is it a noticeable difference in the cam or the power or gas mileage thanks

2. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

???????????????????????

3. slammed

slammed

White man in the banana patch? Look the cam companies that MAKE these sticks can dial you IN with a perfect match after you give them ALL your combination's to them. Straight up, yo'!!

4. 73RR

73RR

...oh gawd...what has become of the English language?:confused:

5. cryobug

cryobug

Do yourself a favor and call Comp Cams and let them spec out a cam for you and them look for the one they recommend on eBay. I bought it for way less than they wanted for it directly from them. I did that and it was one of the best things I could have done for my car.

6. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

Cam profiles are very different..... You have a lot to consider. 1st is a spell check course..... Then.... natural aspiration. Turbo, Super charger. Fuel injection. Vehicle weight. Head flow. Tq converter if automatic needs to match..... Where you want your rpm range.... advance or retard cam timing.... The list goes on and on....