Register now to get rid of these ads!

Calling all West Coast hot rodders! Valley Nationals???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Rod Coalition, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Hot Rod Coalition has seen steady growth over the past three years and is looking towards the future. Please donate 30 seconds and take this survey provided at the below link. We appreciate all the support and feel privileged to have the opportunity to connect the hot rod community.

LINK to Survey

2. V8RPU

V8RPU
    from Nor Cal

Too little information. Us this to be a show, race, run or ?

3. Friday night and all day Saturday Show. However, this event will have many attractions that go against the norm of regular park and sit events. We're keeping a lot of the detail quite so that we keep it unique to our event. We also have not committed to doing this event yet, that is why we are testing the waters. Monday - Thursday leading up to the event we would have different runs, shop tours, bbq's, etc. so that people that would like to make a week out of it can have plenty to do. If you haven't taken our quick survey please do:) Link is in the original post.

4. skooch

skooch

One of the things I used to love about paso was all the other things that could be done after the show. Fresno isn't that appealing, downtown Visalia would be cool though. The city might be agreeable to closing off east Main Street for cars.

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Fresno would be a good location to possibly bring people up from SoCal, Bay Area and the Coast. But, timing is everything (almost) for putting on a show. look closely at event calendars from this year and find dates when you will not have too much competition. also, 100 degree plus days are not too inviting either.

6. I totally agree with you, Fresno isn't the most appealing town to have a "Nationals". With that said Hot Rod Coalition is very connected in Fresno which makes it a whole easier on us as the promoters and coordinators. The venue we'd have it at is where we have Rods on the Bluff which is a beautiful venue over looking the San Joaquin River. There is retail and restaurants right around the corner and hotels are a stone throw away. I know that if we make the event interactive with many different activities going on through out the week and weekend we can make this a booming success. On our monthly event we pull in anywhere from 300-530 hot rods, depending on the weather. September and Octerber were sold out, so we are convinced that the cars and people will come. Any good activity ideas? I'd love any feedback or ideas you guys have. Anybody do something unique at an event that they'd like to see at the Valley Nationals?

7. Sanford&Son

Sanford&Son
    from Visalia,Ca

My vote for Visalia,
    I have a few connections that may be supportive in Visalia

8. heminh2o

heminh2o
    from Tulare, CA

Hanford also has a pretty cool downtown and a big park in the middle. And it's not too far off the I-5, and hwy 198 runs right through it.

So many projects..so little time

9. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

I vote for Porterville as I still have a library card there. and as for activities, you can't beat a game donkey basketball.

10. SlamIam

SlamIam

Also a vote for downtown Hanford - everything Paso had in the city square, plus a carousel for the kids, Superior Dairy ice cream, lots of places to eat, and car parts - found nice Hemi valve covers at an antique store there a few weeks ago, just missed a pair of flathead dual intakes they sold before I walked in.

11. Gerry Moe

Gerry Moe

I think Fresno would be a great place, they have a place down on the San Joaquin river. used to be or still is called Cobb's River ranch, they used to have an annual car show down there, bands, vendors, lots of shade and no hot blacktop. Millerton, Bass and Shaver Lakes all in driving distance. Yosemite for the adventurous. 99 to 145 to 41 to 12 from the North, 99 to 41 to 12 from the South and 41 to 12 from the west. From the east you will have to get to 99 unless ya travel thru yosemite and that is one nice ride especially thru Lake Alpine. Plenty of winery's for those who enjoy, plenty of golf, and let's not forget about the local car shops, Snow White, Marty's and quite a few more.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  12. Wow, keep the feedback coming! I really appreciate all of your input. The reality of the situation is if we hold it in Fresno I know that hundreds of cars will show up because we cater to the Central Valley Hot Rodder. If we go to Visalia, Hanford, or Porterville, Hot Rod Coalition doesn't really have a rapor with them yet. We always get a handful of enthusiasts from those area's but not enough to go all in. If we ventured out of Fresno the event most likely would start small and hopefully grow. Currently HRC isn't in a place where we could take a huge financial risk, we need to know that the masses will show up. I have made contact with Kearney Park, Cobb Ranch, and I am still looking for local venues. Our Rods on the Bluff venue at Palm and Nees has a ton of parking in the back and front. It is a shopping center but in the back there is a beautiful park over looking the river and the area where the cars will be at is very secluded from the store fronts. Again, keep the feed back coming and with our HRC team and people like you guys we'll be able to create a unique event that will hopefully build some great tradition. Remember if you have filled out our quick little survey, we'd really appreciate it.

Survey Link

13. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

Curious what the HRC's thoughts are concerning Fresno City Councils vote last night to open Fulton back up to traffic. I always thought that would be an awesome venue for a Hot August Nights type of show, especially given the cool old architecture down there. Granted, it's going to be a couple years before it completed.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

14. roughneck424

roughneck424

I like a donkey bbq. Where everyone get a piece of a$$

15. We love the vote. In 2013 we got the first right of refusal to throw an event at the grand opening of the Mall. We will be all over it, you can guarantee it. We are excited to see a street that was so rich in hot rodding history and good times open again. Thanks for asking and we'll see you out at the Bluffs hopefully April 4th.