Register now to get rid of these ads!

California Swap Meets 2012?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MrBelvedere2, Jan 4, 2012.

1. MrBelvedere2

MrBelvedere2
    from Davis, CA

Hey guy's i'm looking to see if you know of a good source of information for all the swap meets happening in california in 2012? thanks!

2. kevintothej

kevintothej
    from Arizona

Turlock - Jan 28th & 29th

3. Turlock... January 28th and 29th...

A good time will be had by all.

Sam

4. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

I will be at Turlock, hunting down rusty old crap I don't need. Well, actually, I do need some of it. Anyone got a couple '42 radius rod caps? The steel ones? I'll give you a dollar! :D

Sam, you've been going to the Turlock Swap since you were a fetus haven't you? ;)

Stockton Fairgrounds frequently has swaps and there's one at the Arco Arena in Sac-o-tomatoes twice a year.

There's an all Ford one in Campbell at the Old Ford Store, I've missed that one the last few years.

5. JEM

JEM

We'll see...I should be two weeks out of hernia surgery at that point...

6. greasemunkee

greasemunkee
    from San Diego

7. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

i think i might need that, my belly button is now a outie..... never used to be.....man.

8. Sanford&Son

Sanford&Son
    from Visalia,Ca

9. Hey man, I am after the same thing .... a listing of ALL California swapmeets ..... does anytone got a line on listings? There are alot of neat small swapmeets that always seem to get overlooked.

10. no55mad

no55mad

'Drive' magazine is a good source for swap info.

11. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

gave up on Drive after going to 2 swaps that were listed and did not happen.

12. The only one I know of in your area is called the "Reno Swap Meet" (held in Sacramento, it used to be held in Reno). Search the archives. From what I have heard it sounds like a good one.

Charlie Stephens

13. Choptop

Choptop

"Reno" - come Sacramento Swap Meet is April 22. Good swap indeed.

If you have never been to the Portland Swap Meet its WELL worth the drive up. April 13-15.

14. Cerberus

Cerberus

15. RodStRace

RodStRace

Depending on where you are in CA, there are often swaps that are closer out of state. Nature of the beast. Hey, maybe you can fill the niche and compile this for all your fellow swappers!

Big3 is coming to San Diego next month...

16. Crankhole

Crankhole

If I could only make it to one, LA Roadster's Show & Swap, Father's Day weekend in Pomona.

17. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

the best source for Nor Cal swaps is the Cruisin News. kind of expensive for a monthly newspaper though.:(

18. Is that vintage swap meet still going on at the stick? I think the Jimmys picnic folks tried getting one off the ground about five years ago ... I went then but have never heard of repeats.

19. Hello all

We have published the Cruisin' News since 1993:D

Our car show & swap meet calendar is rather complete and up to date .. ..:cool:

Sorry it's by paid subscription only .. sub forms at www.cruisinnews.com

($30 no credit /debit cards pay by check only) info 916-933-0949

(most of the old rusty guys know us well .... most net rats hate the idea of having to pay for a subscription.. most are used to everything free on the net:( )

You will find us in all the finer bathrooms in Northern California ..
    we kinda "move" the hobby for us old guys ..if you know what I mean :eek:
    ----------------------------------
    we also have a weekly radio show
    Cruisin' Talk at KSTE 650am

where we list events on the air about 9:10am every Saturday
    have to have an am radio ... 650 on the dial
    and streaming at www.KSTE.com been doing the radio show for 15plus years) plus a free on-the-air old car and parts swap meet:):) ...
    caller line is 866-331-8255
    ----------------------------------
    We are also
    the Sacramento Swap Meet :)
    held at Arco Arena (Power Balance Pavilion) In Sacramento
    our Dates this year
    • April 22, 2012
    • July 29th, 2012

admission is $6 parking is free

vendor apps available now $20 for a space

info at 916-955-8777 SacramentoSwapMeet.com
    or www.RenoSwapMeet.com

(Our meet was started by Bill Harrah (rip) back in 1965 in Sparks NV .. has since moved to Sacto. in 2008 to get back to a traditional old style swap meet less Poodle Skirts .. sans Hot Greedy Nights )
    ----------

We will have a vendor booth at the Turlock Swap Meet
    Jan 28th and 29th,2012
    Spaces L8 on the black top ..just past the turnstiles on the asphalt
    we have spare chairs
    - free water-
    dry area in case of rain .
    free board to post cars for sale on ..
    and you can store those "finds " with us till you leave

look for the Cruisin News Banner ..
    and possibly a blue & white '69 Harley FLH in our booth

Just a few tips about Turlock for you "young fresh rusty guys " gates open for buyers at 7am. admission is $8 ..
    the Modesto Area A's works their butts off producing this meet ..
    when you see a guy or gal in a club vest ...please pat them on the back and thank them for having the swap meet.. ..they get way too many hassles from people who just don't get it..

If you want spaces in 2013 -- go put your name on the the list at the club office over by the car corral...

I have been attending this meet for 40+ plus years and it is the high point of the year for me personally.. although I went from spectator to vendor back in '93 when we started my rag ..I get to see so many of our subscribers and vendors it's a rather busy 3 days for me..

Jan. 27th, Friday night is "wholesale night" if you are lucky enough to be on the grounds .. there is a fast pace sale taking place between vendors....
    smoking deals ...those deals show up Sat. morning with a "new" retail price on them:rolleyes:

----
    another cool swap meet is the Feb. 5th meet in Sacto. put on by the the Nor Cal Buick club we'll be there to peddling subscriptions .. it's not huge but it is TRADITIONAL .. no washing machines.. just auto related parts,
    it's held next to the California Auto Museum on 2200 Front Street .,. buyers parking is tough ... but admission is free..
    -----
    In Rust We Trust ...

John Sweeney

20. PENNY

PENNY

MEMORIAL WEEKEND SWAP MEETS 2012
    Santa Maria Cruisin Nationals has a swap meet on Sunday May 27th and Monday the 27th of May 15 min North of Santa Maria in Nipoma theres another one ,what a weekend , I heard alot of treasuers were found last year

21. MrBelvedere2

MrBelvedere2
    from Davis, CA

Thank you guys for the information! I guess I should have said mainly Northern California swap meets is what I'm looking for but this is turning out to be a good thread for information.

22. bardahl1

bardahl1

23. Silverado85

Silverado85

24. MrBelvedere2

MrBelvedere2
    from Davis, CA

Any more swap meets coming up for the summer time? there's been some good ones thanks to the info from this thread!

25. Choptop

Choptop