Register now to get rid of these ads!

cadillac valve covers- wire looms?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ace Brown, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Ace Brown

Ace Brown
    from OH

Picked up a set of cadillac valve covers. After some searching they appear to be 1958s. On each cover there's a plug wire holder. Did these have a rubber loom? I can't find any place that sells them, and i can't find a picture clear enough to show if there was a rubber loom or not. I would imagine there would be. Any info. is appreciated. Thanks!

2. Gator

Gator

Yes, there was a rubber seperator, I don't know of anyone who sells a repop peice but it shouldn't be too hard to make a generic parts-store seperator fit.

3. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Try McVey's Caddy parts in Merriam, Kansas...or USA parts in Virginia, they carry a ton of Caddy parts...

Did you try Lynn Steele Rubber...they carry lots of Caddy rubber...

R-

4. Ace Brown

Ace Brown
    from OH

Gator, i was going to do that but i figured if someone made a cheap one that fits exact i'll just go that route. Looks like McVey's has it, for 8 bucks a piece. Not too shabby. Going to check SteeleRubber parts and see what they've got. I appreciate all the help guys. thanks

5. Gator

Gator

Probably another $8 to ship 'em though. :D

But that's cool, I just bought a set of chrome valve covers from another Hamber so I'll need a set too.

Rog knows his stuff eh?

6. Ace Brown

Ace Brown
    from OH

yeah, that was a big help. So, Steele rubber is cheaper, but shipping is 9 bucks. I need valve cover gaskets too, so i might just get them from McVey's afterall, if shipping is cheaper...

If you are interested, the valve covers are going on my 429 Caddy to disguise it as an earlier model :). Probably only a few people will know, or care, haha. Just painted them up. if i get around to it, i'll post a picture.

What are your covers going on?

7. get a chunk of rubber and carve a set. That's what I'm gunna do. alright, good talk, see ya out there team...

8. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Steele rubber, they fit good and arrived fast.

[​IMG]

9. I think dreddybears idea is better than mine. buy some. you put a knife in my hands i end up with a bloody wooden pickle like that movie bad santa.