Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cadillac timing cover?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by terd ferguson, Mar 8, 2012.

1. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Is the timing cover the same for the 365 and 390???

2. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

I'm assuming it is the same, just wanted some confirmation. Pretty please.

3. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

I can't say for sure but somebody knows.

4. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

5. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Thanks. I have a tiny leak and a drop will get into the fan when driving and divide in 99 drops all over my pretty white inner fenders, lol. I want to install a new gasket and might as well chrome the cover if I'm changing it. I'd need to find an extra one so I don't suffer down time while waiting for plating. Just need to know what to look for since I don't know for sure if my engine is 365 or 390.

Thanks!!!!

6. F&J

F&J

Iron Lords sure do get it :) I like how you guys think

7. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

I just like the intoxicating effect of staring into chrome. It's like I said about candy paint being like the abyss. Am I staring into the chrome or is the chrome staring into me?

The timing cover was something I wish I had done before installing the engine, but didn't because I assumed as a recent rebuild it wouldn't be leaking. It's only leaking a tiny bit, but it's enough to look like a mess when the fan spreads it out. That, and I didn't want to pull the balancer off and risk screwing up the stock timing marks.

Chrome plating is my pet project. Oil leaks are my pet peeves. It's a win/win.