Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Cadillac records

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by battersea boys, Nov 26, 2008.

1. battersea boys

battersea boys
    from surrey

2. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

saw a commercial for that movie,,,looks like it might be cool..

3. Zerk

Zerk

Looks like pretty good casting for Etta James. What a woman!
    Was there a Cadillac Records? I remember Chess...not Leonard, the studio.
    EDIT: Okay, I'm a dope. It's actually about Chess Records, Leonard Chess, Muddy Waters, Chuck Berry etc.

4. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

As I was motivating....back in town....I saw a Cadillac sign saying....No Money Down....so I eased on the brake....pulled in the drive....gunned my motor twice....then I walked inside....Dealer came to me....said "Trade in your Ford....And I'll put you in a car....that'll eat up the road....I want four carburetors....and two straight exhaust....I'm burning aviation fuel....no mater what the cost...

5. OLLIN

OLLIN

what? no bo diddley?

6. Cymro

Cymro

Has anybody here seen the movie?

7. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

The reviews weren't kind. I'll wait for cable.

8. kkoacolonel

kkoacolonel
    from Union,NJ

The red 55 Eldo that was Chuck Berry's,belongs to friend of mine.

9. leocad

leocad
    from LA, CA

I saw it the first week it was out, Blues and Cadillacs I likey much so I figured it has to be good!!

Movie was alright, if you're into Blues then its worth checking out. The years of the Cadillacs were off and the storyline was too. Also, I thought there would be more music throughout the movie.

All in all it was a good movie.

10. Rooney00

Rooney00

This is why I love having a $1 movie theatre in town

11. crossroads

crossroads

I loved this movie, and this is a cool thread, but why does it get to stay and last week the thread that recognized the memory of Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, and the Big Bopper was closed?!?!

12. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

Oh NO! I did not just listen to that dip-shit tallentless ghetto-yodeling Beonce "try" and cover Etta??!!??!! :mad:

I will definately see this movie, and I'll try my best to enjoy it, but it pisses me off to no end how "hollywierd" tries to cast popular hip-hop artists into acting roles that should be reserved for real tallented actors.

13. thesupersized

thesupersized

this movie was filmed a street down from my school, i walked through the set, it was pretty cool...a lot of the cars were local cars..time periods with the cars was messed up some but the movie was good.

14. beauishere

beauishere

I saw the movie a couple weeks ago. It is idiotic. They completely mangled the story. Chess records was founded and run by brothers Leonard and Phil Chess. The film didn't even mention Phil.

The guy who plays Howlin' Wolf was great. Beyonce didn't stink, but she's no Etta James. Why they didn't use the actually period recordings is beyond me. Chuck Berry who practically supported the company through his record sales comes off kinda goofy and like an afterthought.

Then they end the thing with Leonard dying as a young man. I know it's only a 2 hour movie but come on.

Buy the Chess Records re-issues, see the movie on cable for the cool cars and sets. But don't let your kids watch, they'll grow up thinking that's how it happened.

Thumbs down!