Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Cadillac manifold repair

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vetteson, Oct 9, 2018.

1. vetteson

vetteson

Have a 331, 365, 390 Caddy intake with a broken mount (see pic), Important or not? Any suggestions on repair. Anyone have a "door stop" Caddy donor intake?

Attached Files:

2. 54vicky

54vicky

without seeing the way it is fastened down(clamp,washer) I do not think it is critical.washer,clamp will apply the pressure needed to seal.ford used clamps to attach Y block intakes no leaks.probably more a way to get the iron from one part to another when making the mold

squirrel likes this.
  3. Most of the Caddy manifolds crack in that position , mine has been cracked for 20 years without leaking .

clunker likes this.
  4. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

As stated, use a Y-Block or Chev inline 6 style hold down. I my opinion I'd cut them all out; it gives a little more flex in the manifold. However you will loose at least 1 full point at the Pebble Beach Concours. :D

kbgreen and Atwater Mike like this.

5. 42merc

42merc

Not to worry.
    Many Cad intakes like yours with no problems.
    No need to repair, unless you need the show points.

6. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

'Big Bill' Edwards used to cut ALL his Cad intakes out there, as Jimmy six pointed out.
    Made for a more positive seal as some 'flexure' was needed in the otherwise too-stiff mating of cast iron. Ditto on the Chevy six or 'Y' block hold downs!

7. Mine too. No worries. Look underneath for cracks.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app