Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Cadillac hubcap how to question(please help)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by buzz bomb, Nov 24, 2008.

1. buzz bomb

buzz bomb

Hey fellas, I just bought a set of 1953 caddi caps for my 53 pontiac and want to mount them on the stock GM rims, my question is how do I mount them on the rim if they dont have any clips or lip on the edge. I did a search but have'nt found any answers yet, any sugestions would really help.
    Thank's
    Buzz Bomb

2. old beet

old beet

Install a beauty ring inside the cad cap, take the emblem out and drill the small cap out. Tec article somewhere on here.

3. buzz bomb

buzz bomb

Hey Old Beet, I'm just a little confused on what you mean when you say to "take the emblem out and drill the small cap out". I'm trying to find the tech article right now but I cant find anything.

Buzz Bomb

4. old beet

old beet

Some of them had a small cap like a baby moon inside and mounted that way. Also some are stainless and some are chrome. If I remember rite they have a small lip on the inside that a beauty ring can slip in, the ring may have to be cut to install.

5. old beet

old beet

Search Sombrero!

6. COS

COS
    from KCMO

Read some where that you can weld a babymoon to the back side and it would snap right in to the stock GM wheel...

-COS

7. buzz bomb

buzz bomb

Thank's I will give it a try and see how it comes out,
    Thank's again fellas.

Buzz