Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Cadillac flathead horsepower tricks

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 38FLATTIE, Feb 7, 2009.

1. St. Louis Cummins

St. Louis Cummins

^^^^THIS. That would be totally amazing. I have honestly been wondering lately why no one has atleast had one "NC'd" out yet....

2. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

St. Louis Cummins, I would sure like to see some pics of that turbo flatcad!

3. St. Louis Cummins

St. Louis Cummins

me too, LOL.I havent been able to mock anything up yet. but i can see it in my own head!

4. RADustin

RADustin
    from Louisiana

need that elusive brain to usb cable.....if you find one, LMK!

I don't think doing the front covers are hard. If I knew more about it and had the money for the gears and what not I'd do it.

5. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

If gears would be the only hold up, I'd be glad to get involved!

In addition, I talked to fiftyv8 about pattering the timing cover needed to do the gear drive, after his timing cover, and received his blessing!

PM me if you're interested in proceeding.

6. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Yes, you have my blessing - no problems.
    I'd also like to see a next generation development for this cover.

Russ.

7. St. Louis Cummins

St. Louis Cummins

I need to get my pole barn built so i can buy some of this stuff you guys are building.

8. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Well we're probably moving to a special construction class in 2014, so you'll see a pair of hair dryers on the FlatCad!:D

9. St. Louis Cummins

St. Louis Cummins

10. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

11. I need to find me a flatty. Can't find one in the scrap yard, and when I do it's not worth much.

1shot

12. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

There is one for sale on ebay right now with a manual tranny, how cool is that.

The ebay search number is 190812432214

or type in the sequence into the search box;

1936 1937 1938 1939 40 Cadillac Engine + Manual Transmission Flathead V8 Motor

[​IMG]

13. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Hey Garage Customs, how come the FlatCad isn't in your magazine?:D

14. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Here they are, guys! FlatCad Quest 200 tee shirts, printed on "natural' colored Gidan Ultra 6.0 oz., pre-shrunk 100% cotton Tees!

You may not be able to be on the salt with us, but you can still support our efforts by buying a cool tee shirt!

Med-XL shirts are $18.99, XXL and 3XL are $20.99, and shipping is $3.99. You can Paypal [email protected], or go to www.flatcaddy.com. Please allow 2-3 weeks shipping, because I spend 2 weeks out of every month in Pennsylvania, and may not be home to ship.

Attached Files:

15. RADustin

RADustin
    from Louisiana

is there any dimensioned drawings or CAD models for the bolt pattern of the oil pan flange? I need to drill all my castings and this would be the easiest way.

Thanks guys.

16. RADustin

RADustin
    from Louisiana

bump for any block prints? anywhere? I looked through flatcaddy.com but didn't find anything.

17. Pete

Pete

Quick question for the caddy flathead guru's....

Do I need to remove the heads in order to pull the lifter blocks??

Pete-

18. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Lets say you maybe able to wriggle them out, but you won't get them back real easy at all.

Let us know how you go>>>

19. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Once again, I'd like to thank everybody that has been helping us!

We are still in the 23rd spot. Now I know, if we can get just another small percentage of the HAMB to jump on board, we could own this thing.

Please copy this post and post it on your own threads, facebook, heck-send it to friends in an email!

The FlatCad crew is looking for some good ole' fashioned HAMB support!

[​IMG]

We'd sure like you to register and vote for the FlatCad coupe in the Champion Spark Plugs 'Search for a Champion' contest that starts tomorrow. Lets be honest, we could use the money to help us be the first flathead powered competition coupe to go over 200 at Bonneville. The world needs more things 'flat' that breathe fire, make noise, haul ass and excite the masses - and we plan on delivering just that!

Our Entry: - you can vote once a day, so do :D

Dates: January 6th - February 2 . . . if we make it to a Top 15 finalist, we'll be begging for more support. :)

http://alwaysachampion.com/search-fo...4#.Usltv_RDtuJ

Voting Registration: - Yes, you have to register, not a big deal . . . its the 'rules'

https://alwaysachampion.com/search-f...register/voter

Purpose: We'd like to show Champion and the entire racing community that a traditional, totally bad-ass engine stuffed in what once was Dad's old 'grocery getter' coupe, built buy a talented team of average guys . . . who all came together on the HAMB - is exactly what they should care about and WANT to sponsor. Why the hell not?

Thanks again, friends!

20. oldwood

oldwood
    from arkansas

I know nothing about these engines. I'm picking up a complete running 1948 Caddy flathead Mtr. and Tranny next week. I guess I'll put it over in the corner and maybe I'll build something around it. I will post pics when I get it. I have way too many projects, but how could I pass up a running Caddy Flatty!!!

21. oldwood

oldwood
    from arkansas

Well I got it home tonight. I will post it on the classified section.

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      229.3 KB
      Views:
    • 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      237.7 KB
      Views:
    • 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      221.6 KB
      Views:
  22. zibo

zibo
    from dago ca

Hey Oldwood after all that and your gonna give up that easily?
    TP

23. oldwood

oldwood
    from arkansas

I have rental problems. Do I need to explain any further. LOL If it's like my rental property it will probably end up being a BOAT ANCHOR.

24. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Thanks to everyone's diligence and perseverance, we have moved into the 20th spot!

If everyone who is currently voting could send this link to all of their friends, we could take this straight to the top!

Here is the link:http://alwaysachampion.com/search-for-a.../entry/1568064

If everyone who is currently voting could just convince one other person to vote through Feb. 2, we could take this straight to the top!

.....And if you're reading this and not voting, PLEASE VOTE! Your vote really DOES make a difference!

Thanks again, everyone!

25. whisky runner

whisky runner

there is my vote... best of luck to ya'll... i no longer have my caddy but still think they are the best..:D

26. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

With just 2 days left of voting, I just want to thank you all again for taking the time to watch my video and for supporting me by giving me your vote. http://alwaysachampion.com/search-for-a-champion/entry/1568064

I appreciate even just one vote but I owe more than just a huge thanks to those of you the continue to vote day after day. I appreciate it more than I can say.

Buddy Walker

27. John Mereness

John Mereness

What are the Carbs ?

28. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

It appears to have been drilled for three bolt Stromberg type carburetors after having originally built to use 4 bolt stock Cad type carbs.

gas pumper likes this.
  29. keeper

keeper
    from So Cal

My carbs bring a tear to my eye. They "WERE" large logo 97's that I had a friend polish for me and he polished off the logos...

Wow, that intake is cool! Anything else unique on that motor? Do you have the Cadillac logo heads? I have been looking for a set of tank heads for a while!

30. John Mereness

John Mereness

Just about all re-assembled - Frank Burrell experimental manifold and generator

Attached Files:

Cyclone Kevin likes this.