Register now to get rid of these ads!

Caddy 79 Deville 425 doner for F/body

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Red Foreman, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Red Foreman

Red Foreman

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
    I am currently building a 56 GMC PU with a grafted 77 Firebird Subframe. A complete 1979 425 Deville sedan has come up in my area & I was hopeing that I can use as a doner for engine, trans & diff?<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    Question is would it bolt straight in to the f/body subframe if I transfered the cad subframe mounts?<o:p></o:p>
    My biggest concern is that all the searches I have done claim that the 79 Deville have a mid sump & <o:p></o:p>
    would it interfere with the crossmember? I assumed that being a GM B/C body that it would have a rear sump like a Chevy??<o:p></o:p>

2. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

Best thing I can tell you is to mock it up. Try to set it down about where you want it and ponder it. I'm not to familiar with 70's F-bodies. Best I can do is bump it to the top for ya.

3. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

betcha money that rear is too wide. But a caddy 425/472/500 is not much bigger than a small chevy and the mounts out to fit one set of holes in your subframe. tricky part is exhaust.