Register now to get rid of these ads!

C9 ...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by retorq, Nov 23, 2009.

1. FencePost

FencePost

The world is a lesser place without Jay in it. I too, loved and read everything he wrote.
    God Speed Jay.

2. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Holy Shit! What a loss......best writer on the HAMB.......RIP, Jay.....

CB

3. thats sad news , i always loved his storys , godspeed C9 ..

4. Kilroy

Kilroy
    from Orange, Ca

Wow... This is just terrible... I was just thinking about him last night...

I was standing in my 20ft enclosed trailer, thinking about how he thought I should get a 24'.... I was thinking 'How could I possibly need another 4'?'

It made me think of how much fun it was to read Jay's posts... He always seemed like a friend to everyone no matter what drama was going on here...

I may not have agreed with everything he said or identified with all his builds... But Jay Carnine was a HAMBer... In my mind one of the best.

He along with his Prose added a level of depth to the HAMB that will be sorely missed...

It just won't be the same without him.

-Phil

5. Crosley

Crosley
    from Aridzona

RIP Jay.

I never met him in person ,I do have one of his books that he sent me after i shipped some t-400 parts to him for the car he has worked on the past few years.

Always helpful guy on a few forums, no body finer than Jay

6. Kilroy

Kilroy
    from Orange, Ca

I'm scrolling back through the posts I missed in this thread and saw this... Damnit...

I'm choaked up again...

Ryan and Killer... 100% Correct.

7. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

RIP, Prayers to ,and for the family.

8. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

A true gentleman ,always willing to lend an ear and give steadfast advice......

Godspeed Jay

9. Man... what could I say that hasn't been already.

My condolences to his family and the legions of friends he must surely have had.

10. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

I just turned 59 in September. Couple that with my dumb ass running our car off into the woods last year and I have become VERY reflective about life. I'm realizing that death is an inevitable part of the "cycle." No matter how you live your life, you are going to die. We all are. It's important to "live" every moment. It's also important to touch the lives of others. Jay obviously touched MANY lives. He lived his life well and shared his passion. Well done!

Our love & prayers to Gay, your family and to all of those who will surely feel his loss......

11. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Man... Just awful news... RIP my friend.:(

12. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

As I sit here, I can't believe that I'm in tears over a person I never actually met. Not in person, anyway.

C9 really was one of the good ones, though. When he answered a question, it always seemed really thought out and genuine. Even when somebody would be dead wrong, he'd explain it in a way that would make his point without putting down the other person.

The very first thing I thought of when I read through this and realized it was true is about how he lived his life. Now, I didn't know him in person, but he always seemed to have an appreciation for how great life is. Most people seem to muddle through their day to day without much thought about it. He really seemed to "get it".

I already miss him.

13. Black Primer

Black Primer

Truely a sad day for the HAMB. We lost one of our big dogs. R.I.P. C9

14. I packed his "California Hot Rodder" when I moved to Japan two years ago, just came across it a week ago and have been enjoying his words. Ironically I was going to post that this would be a great book for others to pick up and enjoy while winter is on, keep the juices flowing all year long thing.

I as well pass along condolences to those who were close.

15. jsrail

jsrail

Ditto, there isn't much more anyone can say that hasn't already been said. I've read some of his stories and he had a great sense of the written word as well as his posts.

Condolences to Gay and his family from an unknown admirer and his family down in mid-Arizona. I lost a friend of mine a few years ago with an aneurysm, it was very sudden. I personally do not believe in an afterlife, but I do believe we celebrate the time we are here, the friends we make, and the loves we've had. For me that's quite a lot to be happy about. I imagine he celebrated it all his life long, and I can only hope to have a small portion of the life experiences he had.

Jay E.
    Scottsdale, AZ

16. Another one of the good ones gone too soon. His words, his wisdom, his experiance will certainly be missed.

RIP

17. turdytoo

turdytoo

It speaks highly of him that so many of us that never met him feel the pain of losing such a friend. We will miss C9.

18. Jay was one of the good guys. He will be missed by all of us in the rodding community.---Brian

19. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Much respect............much is lost........You will be missed C9..........Littleman

20. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

Wow, so sorry to hear, seeing C9 on a post always gave it credibility to me...
    God bless.

21. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

I just saw on another thread I had started where Jay and I werer talking back and forth. I was curious when he was last on. I found this posted the day he passed.

God Bless

22. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Had to post again as I just went and got Jay's books off the shelf. When I found I could order them from Jay himself I Pm'd him and asked him to sign them. One comment."are you sure, I don't want to devalue them". And this, after I shared with him that I still felt the same way about life that I did at 16-18. He wrote "I know the feeling, Hot Rods keep us young".
    Gay, all of us here owe you a debt that canot be repaid for sharing Jay with us. I had always planned to stop in Kingman and meet him in person when my wife and I planned our tour out west to reconnect with old school chums out there. It will ever be my loss that it did not happen. I would cherish the memory of a hand shake. I'm glad he passed this way, only it would have been better if the time had been longer. God bless you and your family.

Frank Burrell (fab32)

23. draggin'GTO

draggin'GTO

I always enjoyed reading Jay's posts here on the H.A.M.B. and was able to interact with him a couple of times.

Jay was one of the good ones, he will be missed.

My sincere condolences and prayers go out to his family and friends.

Bart

24. This is truly awful news. Like so many other people who have posted today, I looked forward to reading whatever he had to say. His spirit and joy just came straight through to me and I usually just felt better after I read one of his stories. My thoughts and prayers to his family and loved ones. I hope that in some small way all of these posts give some comfort to them. He was respected, liked and loved from people all over this country and beyond and will be missed by them. There aren't many people who you can say that about.

25. QQMOON

QQMOON

R.I.P C9 my condolences to all

QQ

26. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

His knowledge of writing was great to read. RIP

27. This is indeed dreadful news about Jays passing.
    I considered him a true and dear friend. His stories and great intellect will be greatly missed by all us H.A.M.B.ers.
    Exactly one year ago to the day I visited him in Kingman on our way to the Grand Canyon.
    When I had not heard from Jay in the past couple of weeks I was mildly concerned but not overly alarmed.
    I always thought of Jay as bigger than life and he would go on forever.
    Reality check good buddy!
    How I wish we could visit him again this year but life and work got in the way.
    I'm going to miss those tales from the Dez.
    Godspeed good friend.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  28. brady1929

brady1929

wow, he helped me with info. rip jay. god bless

29. derelict

derelict

Shocked and sad to hear this. I really enjoyed reading his stories, RIP Jay...

30. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Rest In Peace Mr. Jay Carnine. You certainly have left your mark in many people's lives.
    Gay, my thoughts are with you and your family. So very sorry to hear of your loss.

Malcolm