Register now to get rid of these ads!

C4 Dipstick/Tube Modification

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Flatheadguy, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

Curious if shortening the fluid tube (and dipstick) appoximately 6" will cause any problems. I can then bury it under the passenger floorboard (quick removable for servicing). It will be pointed straight up. Otherwise, it's on to plan B. The plan B will work, but so much neater to bury it.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  2. 63comet

63comet

How high is the fluid level in a C4 when it's not spinning?

Only problem I'd envision is it leaking out the end when you shut down if cut too short.

3. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

63Comet, thanks for the reply. The top of the tube will be about three or so inches higher than the top of the bellhousing. I believe others will join in with information.

4. fordor41

fordor41

The stock length is for convenience by getting it up in the engine bay. As long as the fluid is below the top of the tube, at all times, I don't see an issue.

5. I've cut C4 filler tube to as short as about 6" total length (on a case fill trans) - No problems

6. Ive altered many a tube (no jokes please) and never had a issue.

7. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

Thanks to all who replied. Very much appreciated. Auto gearboxes are one of the few mechanical things that seem like Black Magic to me. Again, thanks.
    The H.A.M.B. is the greatest thing since....automatic gearboxes!!