Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical C-4 or C-6?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by olskool34, Sep 21, 2016.

1. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

I am pretty lucky in having some very good trans people as friends, all over the country. I also have a very nice rollerized C6 that come out of a certain black Fairlane of a friend, along with a Genesis / Scat 505, said friend being an industry insider of long standing who gets a lot of favors- like the 505 was machined at Sunnen's training center, controlled temp hot oiling and all that stuff. Another local buddy is retired but busy, and was a staffer in the original Cobra factory, on the road race teams and had a little fun in the original Dragonsnake. Another buddy in SoCal is very good with high end C4's and C6's, and about a week ago I spent about an hour on the phone with another retired friend back east about some SFI FE to C4 bells, and his next-level C6 stuff that gets it close to the C4 for rotation but still strong as hell. It's a shame he's retired, he's the man...
    I also lucked on to a high-end Powerslide at Pleasanton a while back, as a guy was parting out his big-inch SBC digger, Hilborns etc, nice trans with Dedenbear, Hughes etc. and an 8 inch converter, shifter, braces and shields etc. A month before I grabbed a no longer made adapter plate for FE to Glide, so it looks like the Glide might make it into my Falcon roller skate

2. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Ford did use the c-4 in truck applications 300 6cylinder applications and 302 engines only if I remember right. It is a very durable Trans that will handle a lot of horsepower

3. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

Actually the AOD is slightly smaller,in our 1952-59 Ford Group 1952-56 cars had to "massage" the tunnel a little with a C6 my '54 in the Avatar has a 5.0/ AOD no mods were needed.