Register now to get rid of these ads!

Buyer Beware story

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Firehawk75, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Firehawk75

Firehawk75
    from New York

Hey all,

Been lurking in the shadows for a while reading this forum and have i finally have something that compelled me to share. Unfortunately its a tale of lies and deceit. I recently purchased a brake tube bender P/N BQ402. From a company named BrakeQuip. Now i usually would not come onto a public forum and bash a company, ESPECIALLY as my first post ever but the misrepresentation and horrific customer service have forced my hand.

The tube bender was represented as a quality European made product, and for the price of $45 plus $10 shipping, i did not mind. But when the tool was received it was anything but. I called the company and asked where the tool was made, to which they replied"Taiwan". I could have bought the same pair of pliers for $12 anywhere. After telling them that i was unhappy with the quality and would like to return them, the response was "NO". Then after reminding them that they misrepresented their part stating it was made in Europe, they had second thoughts, and agreed to accept a return, but only on my dollar. I would get a refund for the part, but none of the freight charges. Again, the comapny's name is BrakeQuip.

Sorry for the rant, like i said i normally wouldn't do this, but this site has always been a help to me and I thought my experiences might help someone else out there.

2. Abone29

Abone29

Welcome Firehawk 75,how about an intro post?