Register now to get rid of these ads!

BUY the book

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rooman, Jul 6, 2012.

1. rooman

rooman

I just got my first two (of 4 ordered so far) copies of the Jalopy Journal in the mail and I am very impressed. After hearing the horror stories about the USPO beating up some people's copies I was starting to worry but mine were in perfect shape as they should have been considering the quality of the envelope that they came in. If you did get a copy that was damaged the USPO must have worked especially hard to beat it up.
    The book itself is great and I hear that if enough of you buy it this time that there will be more of the same in the future and that is what I want--more great stories and more excellent photography and killer art. Sure, it is not especially cheap but quality like this is priceless and I am not just talking about the "mechanical" qualities of the book (paper and print quality etc) but more the content. Mazooma's story of his trip from LA to St Louis in a rudimentary T bucket is the stuff of legends and Ryan's piece on Ben Thomas and Heildberg West brought back memories of the city where I was born.
    As the title of this thread says, BUY the book, as I want more of this stuff.

Roo