Register now to get rid of these ads!

Butt's to BIG.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lowburban, Dec 3, 2007.

1. lowburban

lowburban

Need a good place to get my 12 bolt rear narrowed in my 63 chevy truck. I'm in College Station TX and would be willing to drive a couple hours. Really rather not hafta ship. Haven't pulled the axles so don't know if they taper or if I'll need new axles.

2. Louie S.

Louie S.

I hope someone answers this because I want one done myself.

3. There's a place in Waxahachie [sp?] that specializes in narrowing axles, or so I'm told...will try to get you a name & phone

4. 30roadster

30roadster

cody, did you call Vilas? I thought they had a guy that built rearends down the street from them? is he only 9 inchers?

5. Bassfire

Bassfire
    from Mart, Tx.

Check out Platt Automotive in Mexia TX. Phone is 254 729 3377. Ask for Tommy. They build a lot of race car stuff and narrow rear ends. Not that far from College Station either.
    JB

6. lowburban

lowburban

Thanks GWhite I'll ckeck with them. I don't know Doc, I didn't know someone did em here. Been a long time since I hung out with the Pro-Street guys. I'll ceck with Vilas too. Thanks.

7. Louie S.

Louie S.

Do you guys know anyone in the Houston area, i don't mean to jack your thread just checkin.

8. lowburban

lowburban

Thanks Bassfire. My brother works at Vintage air and one of his co-workers is a vintage dragster fan and has a jig to do them. I'm gonna let him cause my brother will be here next week and can take it back and then bring it back at CHRISTmas so I don't hafta haul it anywhere. Thanks for all you guys help.