Register now to get rid of these ads!

Buried Treasure: What is this??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TheHotRodRealtor, May 14, 2011.

1. I dug this up in the back yard at my moms house, and I want to know if I should go digging for the rest of the car, (I am assuming it is from a car). Does anyone recognize this piece? It sort of looks like early '50s Mercury or Lincoln and it sort of doesn't... Thanks for any info!:confused:[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

Nash taillight bezel?

3. Better ask mom first........:D

4. flamed58

flamed58

Hi it is for a 1952 studebaker.

Attached Files:

5. Deuces

Deuces

Time to start digging out the rest of the car... :D Be ready to call the F.B.I. in case there's a dead body er two in there.. :rolleyes:

6. Anyone got an excavator I could borrow? I always knew I would own a Stude some day, Just didn't know I'd be digging for it... Thanks!!

7. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

If Jimmy Hoffa happens to show up while digging...............I don't know anything.:confused:

Frank

8. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I spent summer vacations in SE Penn as a kid at my grandmoms. There was a big ado in the papers when a local SCUBA diving club pulled an old 1920s roadster out of a flooded mine shaft in the 50s with a woman's skeleton still in it. I never heard if they solved the mystery. It was some kind of orphan car. I can't remember the make anymore. CRS syndrome.

9. Deuces

Deuces

CRS??? Hmmmm??? Would that be "Can't Remember Shit" syndrome??? :)

10. Deuces

Deuces

Last I heard, he was dog food! :eek:

11. Mrs Hoffa, Perhaps??:rolleyes: It begs of the question, "What would Mrs. Hoffa drive??

12. Deuces

Deuces

Just use a pick an' shovel..... And maybe a toothbrush.. Need to go easy once you hit them bones..

13. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nah, the damn thing wouldn't eat a bite................Er.........:eek:.........Um.......
    I mean, dog food? Gee don't know a thing about it........:rolleyes:;)............

Doc.

14. Deuces

Deuces

Fa'get about it! :cool:

15. Deuces

Deuces

Well?? Did you start digging yet??? What's taking so long??? ;);)

16. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Yeah but give me a break. it was over a half century ago:D. If it had been a Ford I would still remember all the details.:D

17. Deuces

Deuces

Bump! I hope your taking pictures of the dig site..

18. Just send Mom to the spa for belated Moms day present and go rent a backhoe.
    That way it shouldn't take more than a day or two for her to get over you digging up the yard

19. Good Idea! Spa day for Ma, Digging in the dirt for buried Studebaker treasure for me. Makes me wonder what other cars might be buried in the neighborhood! I might need some help digging up the neighbors properties. Any volunteers?

20. dmw56

dmw56

Yup, Studebaker.

21. might be fun to rent a metal detector and start there.

22. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

I can't wait for your pictures of the hole in Mama's back yard and the look on her face as the wrecker pulls that Studebaker convertible up and out out of it!

23. Deuces

Deuces

She might still be alive.... I think??

24. Now, if this was the photoshop thread, I'd be posting a pic of a '52 Stude Ragtop coming out of a big pit in my mothers yard with Mom, standing by with a tray of tea and crumpets for Mrs Hoffa...

25. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

No, they found Jimmy Hoffa. He was in a Chicago hospital in the maternity ward, organizing labor. :rolleyes:

26. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

ha thats good oahueli. I dont know why you waste your time digging. Dynamite is the way to go if you want to move some earth.

27. Harms Way

Harms Way

A urinal for Leprechaun's, and yard Gnomes,....

This one was arrested for exposing himself in public, After you took his. (shame on you)
    [​IMG]

Heres another one looking for it !,...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2011
  28. Deuces

Deuces

That's some funny shit guys!!! I love this thread! :D

29. Hey! That's right where I found that Stude Taillight bezel! Wait till mom finds out she's got Gnomes. Does penicillin cure that or do you need something stronger?

30. Harms Way

Harms Way

Something much,... much stronger,.... Good luck !