Register now to get rid of these ads!

Building a hot rod at age 16.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by MonteThePinstriper, Nov 13, 2012.

1. MonteThePinstriper

MonteThePinstriper

Hey everybody,
    First of all I wanna say thank you to everyone that post on here. It has helped me out allot with different ideas and thoughts. I am a 16 year old from Minnesota and I am starting on my hot rod build this winter. First of all I'm going to say a few things about myself and what really got me into the hot rod culture. I am a pinstriper and have been pinstriping for about 2 and a half years. I've done everything from hot rods to motorcycles to golf cars. I can post some of my work later or you can check it out on Facebook. My page is Roach Custom Pinstriping. Thanks. But anyways, pinstriping is what really got me into the hot rod culture. I got the privilege to do some pinstriping on the Von Dutch Bus as well which was a real honor. I am trying to create something that nobody else has done. Customizing to the extreme. I have a 47 ford truck cab, frame, 400m motor and a c6 tranny. I will post pictures of the build when I get farther into it. I want a old school hot rod that I can use as a rolling billboard for my striping. I am planning on a satin black color with the interior being a gunmetal grey. Bomber seats and dimpled lightening holes. Just thought I would say a few things about it . If you have any creative thoughts or ideas of what I should do please let me know. Thanks

Monte

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

2. Sounds like a nice truck! Have fun and welcome to the hamb

3. hallrods

hallrods

Hello from Wisconsin

4. Hats off for being 16 and having the focus.

5. MonteThePinstriper

MonteThePinstriper

Thanks! :) I love cars. My whole life revolves around cars. I hate how all these kids now have there life revolving around video games. Video games will get you no where in life especially when your eyes are glued to the tv. Lol.

6. bridger

bridger

You sound like a very smart young man . Best of luck with the truck sounds cool

7. kennkat

kennkat

Right On, Youngster!! Good to have you here! Welcome from Twain Harte, California

8. jimmy1931

jimmy1931

Welcome from Oklahoma!

9. good luck with your adventures

wish you were in my area so i could get some things done:D
    need a set of gas , oil and coolant cans done for indoor shows

10. MTR-HD-Ordie

MTR-HD-Ordie

That's very cool to be starting at such a young age, we need more younger gearheads to keep our hobby going. Yes, post pictures of your work

11. Jim Dieter

Jim Dieter
    from Joliet

Monte
    I built my first truck at 16, but then again there were no other video game or cell phone distractions in 76. I built a 34 ford truck that started with a bare cab and frame. Added a junkyard 400/th400 trans setup, and drove the hell out of it. It will be more fun than you can imagine. Good luck.

12. 53 COE

53 COE
    from PNW

I was 15 1/2 when I drug home my first project......... Circa 1974. Why can't I find a young gun pinstriper in the Seattle/Tacoma area.....

[​IMG]

13. pastorbc

pastorbc
    from kentucky

good for you, young fella! I too was a teenage hot rodder, and still enjoy it at 67! btw, I lived in Mn for 13 years...Owatonna, Mpls, Princeton & Rosemount. (don't miss the winters, but still a Vikes fan!)

14. Big T

Big T
    from Florida

Welcome from Florida and nice intro. Good luck with your project!

15. MonteThePinstriper

MonteThePinstriper

If you could send them to me I can stripe them and get them back to you. If your interested here in my email [email protected] or cell # 763-370-7612. ImageUploadedByTJJ1352996191.737628.jpg ImageUploadedByTJJ1352996213.625360.jpg ImageUploadedByTJJ1352996235.952255.jpg ImageUploadedByTJJ1352996256.558504.jpg ImageUploadedByTJJ1352996283.506292.jpg

16. MonteThePinstriper

MonteThePinstriper

I'm here in Cambridge. Only half hour away from Princeton.

17. Hates Chrome

Hates Chrome
    from Iowa

That's awesome work man. I'm pretty excited to see what you can do with a whole rod based on your taste in pin striping.

18. Hemiman51

Hemiman51

Welcome from the east bay Ca. Like your work. Good luck on your first build.

19. pastorbc

pastorbc
    from kentucky

I remember Cambridge. We started a Baptist church in Princeton in 1970 when I was just out of seminary. good memories of those times, places & people.

20. raymay

raymay

You sound like a wonderful kid. You have great vision and a plan. Don't ever loose that. Something tells me you can be successful in whatever you choose to do in life. I wish this country had more kids like you. Welcome my friend.

21. MonteThePinstriper

MonteThePinstriper

Thank you for all the nice comments.

22. Sounds like you have a good plan, Good luck with your Project and welcome from Maryland...

23. ..welcome here, young man, that is impressive work you're doing, hope your car plans come true!

from overseas,

Carsten

24. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

WELCOME, from an old goat in Northern Calif !! keep us posted on your project, it sounds like a winner.

4TTRUK

25. hellsgaterods

hellsgaterods

damn nice work! 16 or not you have great talent in what you do! i look forward to seeing your project.

26. scott51

scott51

nice work you work dude, you've got some talent and a nice style.

Personally I dunno about bombers in a 47 ford truck cab, but if your striping's anything to go by I'm sure you'll be putting together something cool.

Look forward to seeing the project.

27. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67
    from J Town

Welcome aboard Scott!!!

28. MonteThePinstriper

MonteThePinstriper

Okay. Here is what I got done so far. Due to the reason that our shop was full I didn't have any room for the cab so I decided to cut out the dash and start working on that. Same goes with the cowl vent. Still need to do a little grinding on the dash but when it comes to paint I will smooth it out. I filled the dash, extended it about 3/4 of an inch, made a custom gauge panel and drilled the lightening holes.
    ImageUploadedByTJJ1353163225.356800.jpg ImageUploadedByTJJ1353163292.088031.jpg ImageUploadedByTJJ1353163319.896869.jpg

29. 37willysgasser

37willysgasser

Monte, glad to see hotroding alive and well with the younger people on here, i wish i had the HAMB when i was sixteen!! keep up the good work!!

heres mine at 15, 1946 plymouth x-gasser ran a injected 392 hemi, had it for years then sold it, still trying to buy it back to this day.

Attached Files:

30. MonteThePinstriper

MonteThePinstriper

That's really cool! Lol. Someday down the road I would like to build a gasser. Once I get done with school I want to open up a custom hot rod shop to do paint and fabrication. Thanks!