Register now to get rid of these ads!

Build your own seats ??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 29Jay, May 26, 2009.

1. 29Jay

29Jay
    from Ft Worth

Does anyone remember the name on the thread where everyone posted their hand made seats? I have searched and searched and can't seem to narrow it down...

Thanks!!!
    Jay

2. 41 C28

41 C28

Don't recall the thread title but I built the seat in my 30 A roadster,

Started with plywood ,some webbing some foam and some pre pleated red vinyl material.

It worked out pretty well except had to have some of the sewing done on a industrial machine as it was too heavy for our home sewing machine.

Attached Files:

3. Abomination

Abomination

Lots of guys get free school bus seats off of Craigslist from people converting them into RVs...

~Jason

4. 29Jay

29Jay
    from Ft Worth

41 C28, I like this Idea. I have seen the webbing used... I will use this idea on the Back seat. Thank you!

JonnyFast, That thead is one of the ones I was looking for! Thank you!

Abomination, Are you talking about the bucket style seats out of the buses from the 50's? Or thosse big bench deals we road on as kids?

Are there any other "home-made" seat threads that anyone knows about? I saw one with some cool looking bar stool looking seats... Just can't find it...

5. Abomination

Abomination

The benches, dude!

Rip off the foam and vinyl, and weld a new base in! With some foam and slick vinyl they not only are a nice fit, but actually look like they came with the car!!

Do a search and you'll find some online. They actually look good! You might chat up OldCarMike on here and see if he's done a few.

~Jason