Register now to get rid of these ads!

Buick / Rover

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by spark, Jul 19, 2009.

1. <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CGayle%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Looking for info on Buick / Rover interchange.
    What gear boxs bolt up to the Buick?
    Do Rover have the same bell housing bolt pattern as Buick?

Valve covers interchange?

2. 1931S/X

1931S/X
    from nj

tons of stuff interchanges getween buick and rover. not so much olds though. valve covers, heads, intakes will interchange. there are differences in front covers and cams, they can be swapped with the correct parts. they share the same bell patterns. you can buy a brand new bell to use more common gm pattern manual trannnys, maybe others too. there are adapters out there to run autos too. i have a rover with an 0ffy 2x2, 2g carbs, d&d bellhousing and flywheel with a t5 mated up too it. i was planning on running it in my essex but who knows. they are pretty neat.

3. <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CGayle%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Thanks for the info. Does the T5 need an adaptor? Any chance of a pic of the adaptor?

4. corsair

corsair

Check out these guys, D&D Those guys make all sorts of parts for BOPRs. I really like these motors, especially since the later model Rover blocks are getting cheaper and cheaper as the years go by.

5. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

Is the rover 4.6 block the same dimensions as the 215 motors?

6. 1931S/X

1931S/X
    from nj

there are 2 different 4.6. one is not the rover design. i think it is a bmw design? i am almost positive the rover 4.6 will use a buick intake and bell. depending on the t5 it does not require any other adapters. there are certain year rovers that will require a bellhousing spacer because the crank sticks out further from the block. mine is like that.i have an s10 t5 which has the gm bolt pattern, it bolts right up to the bellhousing. the bellhousing is the correct length for the input shaft. d&d might have a bell for the for other trannys, im not sure. they really do have a lot of stuff for these engines and are helpful if you call them. dont expect much from emails though.

7. JSBriggs

JSBriggs
    from Auburn, CA

Yes, but be aware that the 4.0 and 4.6 Rover engines are distributorless, but it is possible to swap the front (timing chain) cover and a couple other bits to be able to run a distributor.

-Jeff

8. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

Thanks for the reply. I have 215 blocks but would like to find a larger Rover block so I was wanting more to make sure I could use the smaller block to mock everything up and then put the larger on in when it it time for the final product.