Register now to get rid of these ads!

Buick hub bearing conversion Help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by marq, Mar 25, 2006.

1. marq

marq

Ok here's the problem.I'm doing this Buick front brake conversion using the Hub,Drum and backing plate.I have the early hubs which have the ball type taper bearing,they are all in good except for one front small bearing race which looks like it's been hammered in and has chips on the edge so i don't want to use this bearing really.Now i am preparing an indepth
    hamb tech on this conversion with photos and all.I already have the backing plates ready to go ,the drums are blasted and i am now working on the hubs to complete the full conversion.But if i can't get the bearing sorted out it looks like the whole tech could be in jeapardy.I understand there is a conversion to taper rollers but cannot find out any info on this the bearing numbers i have are new departure 909762 (big bearing) with it's inner 909566
    small bearing 909725 with it's inner 909565.The outer of the small bearing on one hub is damaged.Now as to help i could either do with numbers of the conversion or could someone send me a complete small bearing inner middle and outer as i'm real stuck here.email me at [email protected] you must also realise i'm in the uk so don't say yes if you don't realise this.Thanks in advance...............Marq

2. marq

marq

come on guys n gals a fella needs help here and i can't get it from the uk.You lot are my only life line..............Marq

3. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

Not really sure which bearing and race you are speaking of, but I have a hub out of finned drums out back and could check numbers..

4. marq

marq

They are ball bearings in a cage the later type are taper rollers...........Paul

5. KoppaK

KoppaK

Can't help you out here mate but I never new your middle name was Louise!!!!!!!!! :)

6. marq

marq

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

7. Hey Paul, PM HAMBer Ironhunter as he can probably assist with this. Hope this helps you out.
    Max