Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Bucket list cars

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by wheeldog57, Oct 26, 2021.

1. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

2. Sold all of my 70's stuff several years ago but kept my 66 Belvedere 2dr post.....and BL is to get it going again. I know it doesn't qualify for this site but it's a car that's very similar to my first car and I had a great time with my first car and this one too and now that I'm divorce and 70 years old....my BL isn't looking all too good. :(

Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
    wheeldog57 and GlassThamesDoug like this.
  3. Year ago my wife wanted a Mini Cooper and I thought she was talking about one of the 'old' ones and that was cool but right after I started looking for one she informed me that she wanted one of those 'new' ones. Oh hello no! Guess I said no too many times in 31 years. She's an X now.... :D

GlassThamesDoug likes this.
  4. Anything with an early Hemi…I’m dying to build an early Hemi for my Fargo.
    I should add, I’m working with a very good man to make this happen…stay tuned!

I would also like a cross ram intake for my convertible…I guess I have the cars. My dreams lie in parts for my existing cars.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
  5. RodStRace

RodStRace

57, read up on those early hemis, they are wonderful if set up properly for intended use and would be great in your truck. Just don't fall for the "more, more, more" style of parts selection and build something that won't be happy. They were installed in big, heavy luxury cars, but reconfigured for top gas eliminator.

6. It’s a little far from your place
    AB018706-730A-4BBE-9F4E-D3D6C2B94E59.jpeg

7. I was actually thinking about selling off my merc junk to buy a 36/36 ford.

wheeldog57 likes this.
  8. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

36 ford like this? I always liked this car when I was young and still do. Someone needs to build a real one. Neet_Streeter_RL_HK_%21976.jpg

anthony myrick likes this.
  9. Had that one. One of my favorites
    But if I ever end up with a 35/36 it’s gonna be a tail dragger

10. About 2200miles each way….

anthony myrick likes this.
  11. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

1965 Galaxie 500 XL
    T-bucket
    1934 Ford
    Cobra 427
    1956 Ford
    1957 T-Bird.
    In no, peticular order.

Bones

Jack Wagon and loudbang like this.
  12. I really like a mid thirties packard coupe for weekends, mid nineties maserati 4 door coupe for a daily driver, 1933 ford 3 window- just like everybody else for a hotrod-, bonneville chop and fenderless. Likely should have something with 2 wheels too, might as well be a custom.

wheeldog57 likes this.
  13. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

My wife always has a list of cars that she would like to have, (currently running a list of 8 cars) but as practical as we are, we have always limited ourselves to two cars, one for her and one for me. Plus, we only have a small two car garage. Only once, for two years, we had a three-car garage in a large house. But, it was new and well built with all of the amenities, but eventually, in the wrong residential area.

Noise and housing tract development blew it to the point of a blurred lifestyle. So, we moved to another smaller house in a super quiet neighborhood, but with a small two car garage. Currently, with our differentiating tastes, we are looking at an old 1940 Ford Deluxe Sedan. Preferably with a two door look. We saw several, with one being close by, but it got sold. So, the other one is across several states and looks like a good build.
    upload_2021-12-19_4-8-51.png
    But, at this stage of entering and exiting any old hot rod, let alone in the back seat, perhaps a suicide door on a 4 door sedan should be considered for those old creaky bones. Perhaps, we could get our now, driving granddaughter to take us places with her driving skills. Then, the two old folks in the back with access from the suicide doors would be… “Driving, Mrs Nak…”
    upload_2021-12-19_4-9-53.png
    At this stage of the game, it is not a sedan delivery, but a 4 door sedan with windows all around for better vision for a knowledgeable time on our busy streets, these days. Of course, all of the modern amenities would be on the car, new suspension, brakes, a/c and of course, a small SBC motor.

Jnaki

This was/is the plan. But, having our current crop of reliable daily drivers with instant start and ability to drive in any weather on any road surface with the 2021 safety standards is a welcome relief. What would replace them would be a 2022 version of an AWD small station wagon with plenty of power and amenities. But if we could figure out a third car garage, that Ford Sedan would fit right inside and be ours for the duration of the pandemic blues.

Bucket list? Nah, we are realistic for daily usage and not just sitting in a garage gathering dust. Besides, we can only drive one car at a time…

For us, it would be the perfect old hot rod to go on the HAMB (@Blues4U) annual So Cal Winter Holiday road trip…YRMV
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/so-cal-new-years-day-cruise-2022.1250926/#post-14315945

Blues4U and wheeldog57 like this.