Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Brookville, Pa barn collapse on antique cars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by doug3968, Oct 22, 2018.

1. The37Kid

The37Kid

Insured if it is registered, correct? Bob

2. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

I believe in all states, vehicles are only covered by auto insurance unless you have an insurance rider to specifically cover vehicles on the property insurance!

3. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I hope some of the fellas here benefit from this...There are some rare birds in this and quite frankly Hotrod material...there are also about 20 or so missing and no new pics up...Quite a few Hambers in PA...anyone looking at these...for resurrection?

chryslerfan55 and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  4. Gonna be 10,000 times easier to sell them individually or in small groups than all to one guy. Way more guys have the $500-$10,000 each one is worth than have $100,000 and the space and so on to take on all of them.

The '50 Pontiac ragtop, the Lincoln convert, the '40 Ford coupe all aught to sell in like days. Hours, some of them.

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  5. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What I gather is they are fielding all offers obviously the highest first and it may come down to a singular best offer situation...it certainly seems there is motivation as it is up for grabs...as hated as FB is if you do log in the door is open...may the best man, men, woman or women get these projects onto the shop floor...

I think the motivation is to move them because month by month they become more worthless due to the exposure to elements.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    chryslerfan55 and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  6. Mr. Smith was a good friend of mine. First off, the barn fell in while he was still alive and he passed about a month and a half later. People get on here and make remarks with out knowing the facts. All the cars are now out and the whole lot are up for sale to the highest bidder. I guess the point i'm trying to make is know the facts before you run off at the mouth.

Attached Files:

7. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There are a few negatives here but most are positive so why not bring the positive side of this negative experience. I am trying to bring pictures of all the Hambworthy vehicles good or bad to the membership.

There has only been a portion posted last time I looked. Many may be interested and are not necessarily local but given detailed info would possibly help make a sale.

36 vehicles and no list or pics other than approx. 12-15 vehicles already posted here and on the FB site.

I do understand this is a sizable undertaking and costly.

I hope those in charge will take more photos to highlight condition as it will help move these. What pics I have posted from FB here are helpful but more would be appreciated. Thank you

chryslerfan55 and RICH B like this.
  8. https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2018/11/19/collapsed-barn-find-in-pennsylvania

Hello, My name is Andrew Glinkerman. I'm the one who posted the vehicles for sale on Facebook.

To answer a few questions and address some of the talk:

My uncle passed about two months after the collapse. He had most of these vehicles for 40+ years and a few he actually bought new back in the day.

Yes, he had plenty of time to sell the before he died but he was very attached to the vehicles and didn't seem to care about the money. He had many generous offers over the years for single cars and the entire group but in the last 40 years he only sold a few.

Selling these cars by auction or another method would have been much easier however that was not the wishes of his brothers.

Cleaning up the barn and cars was no easy task as some of you implied. They had large machinery and four guys working for almost a week. If just the barn fell it maybe wouldn't have been to bad but trying to get the cars out without doing more damage was a delicate procedure.

There were 36 cars all together and they were on the basement, first floor and second floor of the barn.

Currently only 8-10 cars are left, I'm not sure exactly what ones or prices since I'm not in charge of the estate

For all that said kind words, thank you

RICH B, chevy57dude, Hank37 and 6 others like this.
  9. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

"Pickup Stix", as mentioned somewhere past. GRIM SEARCH.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  10. Sorry for the loss of your uncle Sir and thank you for taking the time to come here and explain what you did. It took you time to register and respond.

11. The car in front of a barn thread that @Moriarity started yesterday reminded me of this thread. Any h.a.m.b. members buy any of these wrecks or seen one that someone else started to rebuild ?

12. High test 63

High test 63

My girlfriend had to move an hour snd half away to look after her mother in punxy. That barn was about half way on the route down there. I drove by it every week. One day i drove by and saw the recent collapse. I flipped my lid! Seeing all those great cars that had been stashed in there was quite a sight!
    To make a long story short, i eventually found out that a guy i know bought the 34 fourdoor and he told me that he had flipped it.
    Not much to see there now and i also wonder about those cars every Time i drive by the place

13. Elcohaulic

Elcohaulic

My brother and me would of had those cars out of there in two days just working with our hands......

14. Elcohaulic

Elcohaulic

Not in Pennsylvania... Those people are very honest.. Thats old Pittsburgh industrial money, those people have millions, there probably German or Polish.. ...

15. High test 63

High test 63

Was a small crowd of gawkers there when i stopped the first time. Couldn't really get an answer about what was going to be done with the cars.