Register now to get rid of these ads!

Brizio's latest creation.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by A32Flathead, Apr 22, 2007.

1. I like the car, but Chrisman nails it on how you step towards what Ryan called "soul". A collection of the right parts does not automatically qualify.

2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I didn't make the rules of what has soul and what doesn't... but I can tell ya one thing - I love everything about this car. Black. And I bet it has a ton of soul to the guy that owns it - even if he didn't build it.

I like Brizio's builds... Sure, he builds to a formula to a degree (you have to in order to make money building these cars), but he also does a good job with the details and making sure there is enough there for the car to have its own identity.

Interesting that this car was built two years ago. I don't think I've ever seen it before as it is one I would remember for sure.

Cyclone_racer likes this.
  3. Rem

Rem

Red wheels? What, and wide whites? LOL

Maybe very dark red wheels for a dash of colour, otherwise looks great. Although I think I'd prefer a roof. And five windows ;-)

4. alchemy

alchemy

What kind of wheels are those, other than "too black" ;) ? Somebody on here had a similar set on an A coupe I think. They have a separate outer rim, chromed on the Brizio roadster?

5. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I've seen those wheels before but can't place them. That car is nice and doesn't tip too far in any one direction. So I guess what I would call that is balanced... and damn near perfect.

6. pitman

pitman

In '73 four of us pulled into then Andy Brizio's after 3K miles in a friend's 23T w/trailer and my 31 coupe.
    Andy opened the shop to us, "what do you need guys?" was all he asked. He or Roy cut the pieces for a new windshield frame for the T, and made it possible, using a bay and shop tools, to correct the toe-in on the vette rear in mine.
    They gave us a tour of the shop and wished us well...after saying "have a great trip! no charge."

I have no way of knowing, but suspect it is part of the way they do business. The roadster's color is likely to be the owner's choice, but the stance and finish look great. For us the visit was a highlight of our low-buck trip. I still remember their generosity and wish them well.

kiwijeff likes this.
  7. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

...black on black on black...:)

kidcampbell71 and kiwijeff like this.
  8. Durod

Durod
    from DFW, Tx

That thing is f'ing RIGHT-ON.

9. very very nice and its finished ..
    and out there on the road i hope..
    all details are done throughout.. top to bottom
    the grumbling i hear above is that it's a finished car .
    just not waiting for the next stage/alteration...
    wheel change ..baaah
    too black...baaah....(super straight too)
    not done at home/garage....baah
    its the name here thats getting the rap
    cmon guys get over this part briz and boyd have built nice stuff and will continue ... no one said we have to like everything or hate all rides from a shop from now on...
    "hate is like acid and will consume the container eventually"

its done and done well
    about as period as it gets
    wiring and assembly.. note that some items were chromed and then changed to black on the engine ...

with the right mysterious and questionable documents it could get in at pebble beach as a survivor...hmmmmm

that 32 roadster on ebay last week that did not sell could look like this and some will hate it cuz its to exspensive..
    who cares about the $$ when its a very nice done right car

10. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

That was my first thought. It looks great. The only thing I'd change would be to put hubcaps on it.

-Dave

11. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Is this the same car? This was in Roy's booth at GNRS '05. The hubcaps definitely relieve the "too much black".

I believe that the lock-ring wheels are some sort of Firestone thing.

Attached Files:

12. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Just to beat a dead horse a little more...

(1) When you see this roadster in the flesh, it is no bellybutton car. The stance (non dropped axle) and the unique wheels make it stand out of the clutter.

(2) On the subject of too much black, here's the shift I made recently. The red wheels don't necessarily look BETTER than the black, but they sure add a little bling and look more hot rod. Anybody who says these cars aren't about attracting attention is deluding himself.

Attached Files:

13. VonMoldy

VonMoldy
    from UTARRGH!

I like it just the way it is.

14. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Take my opinions with a grain of salt... I have two cars... both are black with black wheels... :)

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  15. KIRK!

KIRK!

Damn fine automobile! You can't build a low-buck '32 anymore. Yes, someone here will pipe up about how they found a such and such and did whatever to build one one a budget. Just like I can confidently say that you will not win the lottery. Will someone? Yes, but not you.

The reality is that even a rusted pile of crap '32 is worth 20k-30k these days; far out of the range of most of us. I can't even afford rust in the shape of a '32 roadster.

If you want a timeless piece like that, you have to pay for it. That's why Model As have started to go through the roof. Personally, I like Model As better in every way, and would kill for an A roadster that looked like that Brizio car.

16. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

I love Roy and the work he does- but just to counter your point a little have you seen the THREE all black '32 Hiboy Roadsters SO-CAL built with undropped heavy Deuce axles and black wheels? (well, actually Rudy Rodrigez built one of them).
    I have them on my table to right features on the 3 together- but some of life's special suprises have slowed the process. I NEED to get on that writing- and off the HAMB! ;)

17. understated but awesome.

18. R&C Lee

R&C Lee
    from SoCal

Yes you do, I'm still waiting.

19. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

We should all wish somebody would pay us $80 hr to build art work like this!
    Every art form needs patrons - 'least the owner's not keepin' his money in T-Bills or somethin'.

Also, Roy's "formula" is build totally sorted-out cars that can run long hard miles right out of the box. I've seen his folks (Andy&Sue) in their Briz built roadster stay out on the road for months on end - smilin' all the way. (And no stinkin' top either!)

20. DBTires

DBTires
    from Conway, SC

21. Thresher

Thresher
    from Austin, TX

Gorgeous car but the guy needs a f@()#*g professional photographer! Half the shots were out of focus and didn't do the car justice. Sorry, I just hate to see a beautiful car get so far and then cheated at the end.

22. scofflaw

scofflaw
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Ohio

There's no such thing as "Too Much Black" that car is perfect.
    If Darth Vader drove a roadster it would look like that.

kiwijeff likes this.
  23. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

black on black on black is just right..........

Attached Files:

24. HotRodFreak

HotRodFreak

My guess is the customer wants it that way.
    Do yours as YOU wish.
    I like to be different so I am thinking hot pink and yellow stripes with lime green polka dots............

25. Splinter

Splinter

"How much more black could it get? The answer is none. None more black" -Nigel Tuffnel

26. Flathead Youngin'

Flathead Youngin'

perfect looking as most of his stuff is...

he REALLY need to take the hood off and show off that sharp little flatty!

27. Skankin' Rat Fink

Skankin' Rat Fink
    from NYC

I agree with the red wheels sentiment ... it'd look better with that flathead out in the open too.

28. DBTires

DBTires
    from Conway, SC

Get the July 2007 edition of Rod and Custom. You will see his REAL latest creation. And you may be surprised.

29. Excellent paint job Darryl. I would say already as good as your own car and AMBR winner in 2015 :cool:

30. cretin

cretin

Wow, brought this back from the dead.

HEMI32 and X38 like this.