Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Brake pedal placement

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by XtechX, Dec 3, 2018.

1. XtechX

XtechX
    from Edmore, MI

To those that have used the following Speedway motors model A brake pedal on their
    '29 model A coupe with a stock frame and a 350/350 drive train...

https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Master-Cylinder-Pedal-Assembly-for-Model-T-A-1932-Ford,3285.html

Can you tell me where you attached the pedal to the frame? I guess a measurement from either the front radiator mount hole or the body hole just forward of the pedal location to the pivot bolt of the brake assembly would be what I need.
    Thanks XtechX

2. Mr T body

Mr T body
    Alliance Vendor
    from BHC AZ

Used this on my '31, will get you a measurement tomorrow.

3. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

upload_2018-12-4_18-49-39.png
    The Model 'A' power brake pedal assembly is positioned as follows:
    A. The center of the pedal pivot is positioned 41-3/4" back from the center of the radiator mounting hole.
    B. The top of the mounting bracket is located parallel to and l" below the top of the frame rail.
    All welding should be performed by a qualified welder.

PLEASE NOTE.
    The above dimensions place the pedal assembly in the optimum position for use with our Model 'A' chassis and components. Minor changes may be required to find the best position on your chassis.
    http://www.classicperform.com/Instructions/28-34-4.htm
    [​IMG]
    Measurements give you an approximate position of generic components

4. alchemy

alchemy

More important would be where is your firewall and toeboard? You should place the pedal depending on YOUR floor in that area, not what somebody else's generic measurement says. Did you set you firewall back to fit the engine in? Did you move the toeboard back too?

The long arm of the pedal should just sit under the slanted toeboard. This will give proper travel for the pedal, and a comfortable angle for your foot. Too far forward and it will have an awkward angle. Too far back and the upright portion of the pedal will intrude into your floor.

alanp561, X38 and F&J like this.