Register now to get rid of these ads!

Brake parts question?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AMC360, Jan 16, 2009.

1. AMC360

AMC360
    from Canada

I am putting together my brake system and I just need a little confermation that I am doing it right. Here's what I have drum/drum system, stock 9" drums up front and 10" in the rear. The master cylinder I will be using is a manual drum/drum with a 1" bore from a late 60's Mustang, going under the floor. The wheel cylinders I have right now have a 7/8" bore for all 4. I will be using the 10lb residual valves and 3/16" lines, I will also be putting in a adjustable proportioning valve. The pedal ratio should be 6:1.

The question is will the difference in bore sizes of the wheel and master cylinder matter, and what will happen, and should I change the wheels cylinders to match the master cylinder.

2. dave lewis

dave lewis
    from Nampa ID

Looks good. Any balance/ proportion issue should be solved by your adjustable prop. valve.
    Good luck, and let us know how it works !
    Dave

3. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

Wheel cylinders DO NOT have to match the M/C bore . Those smaller cylinders will make for a slightly harder pedal but I really don't think you will ever notice. Try it and see ,think it will be just fine.